Problems with cfpupdat.exe

I hope this is the right forum for this but I have had two problems with cfpupdat.exe recently. The first being that cfpupdat.exe had a memory memory problem when auto-checking for updates where a error box had appeared stating that to be closed which is the first time I have ever seen in my year of using Comodo Firewall. I am sorry about the vagueness of this description because it happened just before shutting down my computer for the night.

The second was occurred when I was making sure that the firewall was up to date to which I manually used cfpupdate.exe to check for updates just to be certain since I have read some problems with using the firewall interface for checking. After which the windows that popped up was in the standard windows grey saying there was a update and I applied it. After the reboot my version number did not change however manually accessing cfpupdat.exe now shows the Comodo red/white colour scheme that you seen when using the check for update button in the firewall interface.

The version of cfpupdat.exe before and after is 5.5.195786.1382 while the version of Comodo Firewall is 5.5.195786.1383.

I apologize if these things are just trivial, I just need to know if there is anything wrong with my current installation and thank you for your time.

Every now and then there will be updates for the Trusted Software Vendor list that will be updated by the program updater. You may have seen this.

Even though CIS will say is it version number 5.5.195786.1383 all binaries have version number 5.5.195786.1382.That is because of initial problems with the update from 5.4 to 5.5 when using the automatic updater. A number of people had accidentally gotten one older binary. The automatic updating process was fixed and a second step was introduced for all users which set the version number to 1483.

I don’t know why the UI theme changed.

I have a feeling that it could be because of the error from the night before, but thank you for answering my big question about why it updated. :smiley:

Sorry for the double post but do you mean 1383? I must have misread the number before and I hope that was just a typo.

Because the version numbers are so long we tend to use only the last four digits. 1483 refers to version 5.5.195786.1383 .

Thank you very much for the clarification.

I’m still sorry to keep this thread going but is there any reason I should be worried about the memory error or is it alright to ignore it as a fluke?

If cfpupdat.exe crashes that is not a security problem. The process has nothing to do with the actual filtering and monitoring. That is done by cmdagent.exe (Comodo Internet Security Helper service).

When it crashes again please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!. When filing a bug report you can find the CIS crash dump in the %AllUsersProfile%\Comodo\CISDumps folder.

Thank you for the answer and for putting up with my constant questions, I just wanted to make sure that nothing went exceptionally wrong.