Problems with Batman Arkham Asylum on Games for Windows Live

I launch the Batman game and sign into windows live, but then it tells me there is a problem with the windows live service.

I saw this in the readme:

2.4 Firewall and Required Ports

When you Install Batman: Arkham Asylum the installation process will automatically add the game to the list of exceptions for Windows Firewall. This is required to allow the user full access to Games For Windows - LIVE.
The following ports are required to be opened to use Games For Windows – LIVE.

* TCP port 80 (Internet)
* TCP port 443 (Sign In)
* TCP port 3074 (Content Download)

To get the most up to date list of ports required for Games for Windows - LIVE go to Xbox Official Site: Consoles, Games, and Community | Xbox.

Any ideas if I need to set these ports, and if so how do I do that?

I think the ports 80 and 443 will be used when the game is requesting to the web and the traffic will come in though these ports because of the request.

The TCP port 3074 will probably need to be opened for incoming traffic. Do as follows to open the port in Global Rules.

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start --> Run --> cmd --> enter --> a black box will show up and enter the following --> ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) --> enter --> now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port for Batman: Arkham Asylum

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 3074

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.

Also make the Batman game a Trusted Application for now; that will make the process easier.

Let us know how things go.

Worked a treat, I will now have access to leaderboards etc, many thanks!