Problems updating CAVS

Hay,

I’ve been to this forum before, asking a noob question and got a quick and speedy answer which makes me love this place.

I’m on 56k, running WinXP SP2 with Comodo Antivirus, and Comodo Personal Firewall. I love both programs dearly. However Comodo Antivirus hasn’t been able to update in about the last month. All I get is “error 109 There is a problem with your internet connection. Please check your internet connection and try again”. I have to default HTTP, and ISP settings and it used to work fine. I don’t autoupdate, I try to update daily myself.

I know I might have blocked something incorrectly in Comodo Personal Firewall, so I tested by telling the firewall to allow all, and try to update CAVS again and it comes back with the same error.

Any help would be much obliged, because I wanna continue using CAVS, but I need to get it to be able to update again

This error means that the application could not connect to server using http protocol on default http port. Do you use proxy server for internet connection, if yes then configure the HTTP proxy configuration settings for updater and try again.

i have the same problem, but not whit 56k, whit network connection whitout proxy…
whitout comodo all works well, whit comodo internet dosent work… comdo dosent update, ping not work… all internet is closed…
help… please…

Nasosan,

It sounds like you are describing an issue with the Comodo firewall blocking traffic, and that CAVS being unable to update is a symptom of the firewall issue.

Have I understood correctly?

LM

not firewall… i have installed only antivirus… if i uninstall comodo antivirus all pc work fine…

What version of CAVS do you have?

What other security software do you have actively running?

So if I understand correctly now, when you install CAVS, you have no internet connectivity at all. Is that correct?

LM

version is comodo antivirus v.2.0 beta download today from website comodo
other security software is windows firewall , spybot nothing else.
if i uninstall comodo, all works
if install comodo, all network is blocked, ping, ie, firefox, network links, net printers…

Are there any error messages during the install?

Is Spybot running during the install?

It sounds to me like a Winsock or LSP chain corruption has occurred for some reason; this was not uncommon with CAVS 1.1, but I don’t recall any such issues with CAVS 2.

There is a program called Autoruns by SysInternals (it’s free) which will allow you to see the Winsock Providers that are running. You can compare this list Before and After installing CAVS to see if there is a change (CAVS should add several LSP entries, but should not negatively impact the Windows Socket entries).

LM

the error is 109

Is Spybot running during the install?
the tea timer is off.. spybot is installed, whit the bho for protect from site.. the hosts file is modified from spybot...
It sounds to me like a Winsock or LSP chain corruption has occurred for some reason; this was not uncommon with CAVS 1.1, but I don't recall any such issues with CAVS 2.

There is a program called Autoruns by SysInternals (it’s free) which will allow you to see the Winsock Providers that are running. You can compare this list Before and After installing CAVS to see if there is a change (CAVS should add several LSP entries, but should not negatively impact the Windows Socket entries).

LM

tomorrow i try it, the pc whit comodo antivirus is at work…
if i found the difference… what is the way to solve?
thanks for help. :wink:

Thanks for the update. I am waiting on some response from development team to confirm the scenario.

From my estimation of what may have occurred, IF the Winsock Providers have been corrupted, it is probable this will be fixed by running a free utility, WinsockXPFix; one source is MajorGeeks

Something I am now wondering, if SpyBot is protecting the Hosts file, if this might be part of the issue. You might try uninstalling SpyBot, or deactivating the additional protections it provides (the Immunity features) and then installing CAVS. TeaTimer should definitely be off in this scenario, or it could conflict.

LM

thanks, whit this utility the problem was resolved.
but why is created this problem?