Problems in sending email using Outlook smpt server

Hi everybody

I´ve installed CPF 2.2.0.11 and became to have problem in sending e-mail messages using Outlook smtp server.
Outlook.exe apears to be configured in Application Monitor. I can receive messages with pop3 server but can not send with smtp.
What happens? Who can help me?

Hi,

Could you please check “Activity->Logs” section if there are any blocked entries.
And also let us know the details of other security s/w installed on your m/c

Thx
Adrian

Hi
My aditional sw installed are MS Windows Defender and Avast antivirus.

Messages received from activitie log:

Date/Time :2006-08-22 14:24:22Severity :HighReporter :Application Behavior AnalysisDescription: Suspicious Behaviour (iexplore.exe)Application: F:\Arquivos de programas\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeParent: F:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXEProtocol: UDP InRemote: 0.0.0.0:1114Details: F:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE has modified the the User interface of F:\Arquivos de programas\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe by sending special Window messages…Date/Time :2006-08-22 14:16:39Severity :HighReporter :Application Behavior AnalysisDescription: Suspicious Behaviour (svchost.exe)Application: F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeParent: F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeProtocol: UDP OutRemote: 255.255.255.255:bootp(67)Details: F:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe has tried to use F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications.Date/Time :2006-08-22 14:16:39Severity :HighReporter :Application Behavior AnalysisDescription: Suspicious Behaviour (svchost.exe)Application: F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeParent: F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeProtocol: UDP InRemote: 192.168.1.1:dhcp(68)Details: F:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe has tried to use F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications.Date/Time :2006-08-22 14:16:39Severity :HighReporter :Application Behavior AnalysisDescription: Suspicious Behaviour (svchost.exe)Application: F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeParent: F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeProtocol: TCP OutRemote: 204.221.192.229:http(80)Details: F:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe has tried to use F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications.Date/Time :2006-08-22 14:16:39Severity :HighReporter :Application Behavior AnalysisDescription: Suspicious Behaviour (svchost.exe)Application: F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeParent: F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeProtocol: TCP OutRemote: 204.221.192.198:http(80)Details: F:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe has tried to use F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications.Date/Time :2006-08-22 14:16:39Severity :HighReporter :Application Behavior AnalysisDescription: Suspicious Behaviour (svchost.exe)Application: F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeParent: F:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeProtocol: UDP InRemote: 0.0.0.0:dhcp(68)Details: F:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe has tried to use F:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe through OLE Automation, which can be used to hijack other applications.

Have you ever denied Outlook.exe because of a popup? Like iexplore.exe changed the user iterface of outlook.exe or OleAutomation etc.? If so, this may be the reason. You can safely allow them.

Egemen

No, outlook.exe is configured to permit to any IP and Port address, and TCP/UDP in/ou protocol. It allow invisible connection attempt and skip advanced security checks.

Hello!

I have same problem!!

I installed firewall yesterday and then I couldn’t send mails through outlook!

Is hard to find one firewall that does not give problems :frowning:

Some more info about problem on sending messages with Outlook. The smtp server timeout. No blocks messages appears in the CPF Log.
The problem happen only with html format messages. For text messages is OK.
Outlook receive messages normally.
outlook.exe application is granted to allow TCP or UDP, in/out, and any remote PI and Port.
I use Avast anti virus and windows defender anti spyware also.

I need to do something but In order to do it says it need smpt server what do i copy and paste from outlook?