Problems creating rules.Please help

Folks,

I have an application and I would like it to connect only to a certain ip and block it if it tries to connect to any other ip.I searched the forum but could not find a solution to this.All I could do launch the app, check the ips it was connecting to and manually block access to all those ips and move it up on top of the other rules.This however results in complete net block for all other apps that were trying to connect to the ips I blocked.

I was used to outpost were u could specify the ips u wanted the application to connect to and then hit"block most. that did the trick …in outpost…

How can I do it in Comodo ? Thanksss

Hi arsenic

Open CFW, go to the Application Monitor (Security tab) & find the application in question. You can then edit the entry & there are various things you can select… Single IP, Hostname, IP Range, Masks, Zones, etc… you can also Exclude the condition & even specify ports.

But, there is a snag… if the application in question is updated or a new component is detected by CFW, then unfortunately your custom rule could get overwritten by CFW.

In addition Application Monitor rules are for outbound traffic only, you’ll need to use Network rules to filter incoming traffic.

Hi,

Open CFW, go to the Application Monitor (Security tab) & find the application in question. You can then edit the entry & there are various things you can select… Single IP, Hostname, IP Range, Masks, Zones, etc… you can also Exclude the condition & even specify ports.

And if I specify an ip there then my app will only connect to the ip I want it to and not connect to any other ip ?

But, there is a snag… if the application in question is updated or a new component is detected by CFW, then unfortunately your custom rule could get overwritten by CFW.

Any workaround for this ?

Thanks for your help

Yes.

Any workaround for this ?
Not that I know of, sorry. BUT.. I'm currently running the new beta & I have an application (only just remembered about it! LOL) that I restrict to 127.0.0.1 only. I just checked the rule & it is still there, which is unusual as it has been there for days. Maybe they've fixed it in the new beta.. however, I don't remember seeing anything about it.

thaaaaanks :slight_smile: