problem with Virtual Kiosk in newest release

Very disappointed. I have been using CIS for several years and have never had an issue with it until now. the new version, while making several improvements, has one big problem in my system. The Virtual Kiosk does not launch compleatly, but runs in the background, using up to 100% CPU. Never goes below about 50%, yet doesn’t launch. tried shutting it down with process-kill. Failed. The only way I could turn it off was by rebooting windows 7.I am running a HP Pavilion Desktop with dual core amd processor at 2.45 gh. 6 gigs of ram. Windows 7 home premium. Never had a lick of trouble with CIS until installing the new version.

It works fine for me on an HP laptop with the same OS. Try resetting the sandbox and then try opening the Kiosk. That has resolved problems for me more than once.

Hello kenhall5551.

Can you tell us how you installed 6.2? Does resetting the sandbox make a difference? Do you have SP1 installed on your Win 7?

@ EricJH; I updated from the program itself to install the new version. From 6.1 to 6.2. And Yes I did try resetting the sandbox. Did not make a difference. Then I tried Uninstalling and doing a fresh install. No luck.
As a matter of fact, I could not launch any browser in virtual mode either. Got the same result. Virtual Dragon would not launch and CPU meter red lined again.Only way to stop it was to restart windows. In answer to your other question, Windows 7 is fully updated and running SP1. I’ve run the two previous versions of CIS on this same system with zero issues. Baffling. Bottom line is that I can’t use Virtual Kiosk or run any browser in virtual mode. If I do they don’t launch and my CPU goes nuts. :frowning:

Please make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

Let us know if that made a difference or not.