Problem with Upgrade from CIS 4.xx828 to 4.1

I’m running CIS 4.0.xx.828 and clicked on “check for updates” it stated there are updates available. When downloading the updates I received an error “cfp.dll : error xxxxxxx” clicked finish and tried again. Received another error “cmdagent.exe : error 0x80072efd”. I did not write down the first error code with the cfp error. Is anyone else having this problem? Do I need to do a clean install of V4.1 and not an update? Don’t think I should have to…

save your configuration, uninstall the old version and install the new one << belive me that’s gonna b faster than waiting fro an answer for a such a problem that you can work around by yr self

knk2006

So that’s it? That’s the answer? knk2006, I understand where you’re coming from but I would like to get some sort of technical answer to this problem. Like what is this error indicating, error ‘0x80072efd’ and why on the first update I get an error on cfp.dll and the second try an error on cmdagent.exe? It’s an update and shouldn’t have to uninstall V4.0 to install V4.1. I know you’re not the one to answer this and I appreciate your response. I see that there’s another update being release tomorrow. I’ll give that a go and see what happens…

I too was having a problem with the update. (I had different problems. It froze after installation. Nothing was wrong with my computer.)
I also agree that you shouldn’t have to uninstall 4.0 to install 4.1
I also think there’s a glitch in the update installer file and I too am going to wait for the next update release.
I think Comodo is aware of that issue and hopefully has that addressed in the next update. :wink:

Just updated today to 4.1 :slight_smile:
I’m very, very impressed how quickly Comodo resolved any issues with the update problems.
Two thumbs up! :-TU :-TU

Just updated from V4.0 to 4.1.xxx.920 with no problem. All problems I encountered previously with the update are gone… GO JOB!!!