Problem with SAS on my pc

Alright so I installed the latest version of SAS (SuperAntiSpyware) on 3 of my pcs. All of which use CPF v.3, now the issue I have run into is that SAS stays open even after I right click the icon in tray and say exit. It stays running in taskmanager and I have to end it there. All 3 pcs have this issue and I’ve tried setting SAS to trusted app, then Comodo to Training Mode in both to allow it full access, no dice, and then I turned off Comodo during install and didnt work.

Is this some type of windows xp issue, that it doesnt know how to end processes or CPF v.3 blocking it from terminating?! The SAS forums couldnt find the problem and said that it must be on Comodos’ side.

Any help would be great!

Thats not Comodo. I have SAS. Are you running SAS pro in real time mode or are you using the free on demand scanner?

The free on-demand scanner version. I didnt have an issue with SAS, until the new version. I dont know how to fix it since I uninstalled n reinstalled multiple times. Maybe something in Windows XP all of a sudden is stopping it from exiting

What did you uninstall? SAS or Comodo? Make sure you uninstall both versions of SAS. Use Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode. When you install SAS it automatically is set to start up with Windows and also is set to be in your systray( liitle brown bug icon). Be sure you disable the auto start in SAS and show tray icon in SAS.

I uninstalled SAS, using YourUninstaller2008. And I always configure it to not save empty logs and not to autoupdate on open and not to autostart when pc on, etc. I just want it as on-demand and that its, but this new version was being lame

This is the info that came from SAS support:

Mar 06 2008 (Thu)

7:11:02 AM PDT

Wrote:

I have an issue with SAS staying open, still running in processes, after confirming to close and everytime I restart pc or open SAS it asks me to run the setup all over again. This is on version SuperAntiSpyware 4.0.1154
Mar 06 2008 (Thu)
9:41:38 AM PDT

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Replied:

Hello,

What other security applications are you running?

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Customer Service

Mar 06 2008 (Thu)

10:18:35 AM PDT

Wrote:

Comodo Personal Firewall, Avira Antivirus, Spybot, Adaware, SpywareBlaster, SpywareTerminator, and AVG Antispyware. The old versions of SAS worked fine, just when I updated to the newer version did everything become bonkers
Mar 06 2008 (Thu)
10:20:56 AM PDT

Have you tried uninstalling, then turning off the other protection and then installing? Spyware Terminator seems to block our installation.

Mar 06 2008 (Thu)

10:56:10 AM PDT

Wrote:

I have Spyware Terminator as an on-demand scanner, cause I didnt want their protection since I have Comodo on. And I have given SAS full privilege to install and run. I uninstalled and reinstalled SAS and it seems that even when I right-click the icon in tray and select close and check never to ask again, it is still running SuperAntispyware.exe in taskmgr
Mar 06 2008 (Thu)
10:58:41 AM PDT

If you disable Comodo does the process hang? My guess is one of them is preventing the exiting.

Mar 06 2008 (Thu)

11:23:54 AM PDT

Wrote:

I have completely turned off Comodo and reinstalled SAS and when I exit, the process SUPERAntiSpyware.exe remains with Mem Usage 23,224 K
Mar 06 2008 (Thu)
12:02:37 PM PDT

Wrote:

Any idea? I have asked Comodo forums but no1 has a response
Mar 07 2008 (Fri)
3:59:47 PM PDT

Wrote:

Do you know what I can do about this?
Mar 07 2008 (Fri)
4:10:43 PM PDT

It’s likley something Comodo will have to help with - we may be able to test here on Monday.

Latest Response
Mar 10 2008 (Mon)
1:44:14 PM PDT

Hello,

Ok, so Comodo is passing the buck basically. We’ll have to look into this when we have time, it’s on our list.

O_O

I run SAS pro on my desktop and laptop with no problems after shutting it down or uninstalling it. I just ran a test and uninstalled SAS pro and installed SAS free. No problems. I am running Comodo 309 with D+ active. Be sure that SAS and SAS updater aer both trusted in firewall and D+ rules. Change the SAS updater to an “updater” in D+ rules. BTW you cannot just turn off Comodo. I am running SAS Pro 1154 and it only uses 360K.

you are right with the mem usage, but once I try to exit SAS, via the tray, the mem usage sky rockets up to 23,228 K. I even added all the files separately into trusted zone and firewall, yet I still cant get it to close w/o terminating it in Taskmanager.

I have just uninstalled it from the 3 pcs until I can figure out what is causing this issue

Thanks for your help!

You dont add the files. You should have 2 entries in network policy for SAS. One being SAS.exe and the other being SAS updater. Both of those should also be in Computer Security policy. There is also a SAS temp folder for updates.