Hi. I want try Comodo firewall, so I download x64 version (I have vista x64 business SP1). When I install show me error: “Problem with deleting the Shortcuts. Please kindly delete the Shortcuts manually” and status bar back. (:AGY) Someone have solution how install this firewall with no error?
Where did you download Comodo from? Try deleting all your cookies and temp files then rebooting. Delete your old download and download a new copy from this site.
I download from http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/download_firewall.html - MD5 is the same in www and my pc. Temp is empty - still is the same error.
Can you use CCLeaner & Run the tool by default then Reboot. But do NOT use the Registry Cleaner. See if it solves your problem.
I have solution:
- You must install comodo firewall with Defense+.
- When you ask you do you want scan computer (trojans, viruses, backdoors etc) hold on. Run explorer and copy folder, where you install comodo (probability C:\Program Files\Comodo) and copy all folder and files to other place (you can on desktop).
- If you want scan computer press Yes (it take long time, so you can press No - no difference for install).
- Installer show error “Problem with deleting the Shortcuts. Please kindly delete the Shortcuts manually” and delete a lot of files.
- Copy your backup files (from desktop) and overwrite all.
- Click finish and reboot PC
- When computer run windows double click on comodo firewall icon on tray.
- Sometimes can inform with Defense+ - press fix it
- reboot and be happy from working firewall.
Sorry by mistake, but my english is not good.
You do not need to scan unless you think your pc is infected.