Problem with IE7 & Verification engine

(:SAD)I just wanted to bring to your attention, that I have had trouble with the Verification engine and internet explorer 7 tab functions. Everything seems ok until I open a second page in a new tab. then both windows close altogether. I uninstalled the verification engine and all returned back to normal.

Can anyone shed some light on this error?

Other than that (R)

Thanks in advance…
Puniksem

Puniksem,

I just tried this myself, and had no problems with two tabs in IE7 and VE.

What OS do you have? RAM, CPU, etc? Are your Windows updates current?

LM

Hi Puniksem,

An update was released today with improved IE7 stability which is available from www.vengine.com.

You can find more information here: https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,7394.0.html

Mike

I am running Comodo version 2.18.184 Database version 3.0, IE7 version 7.0.5730.11 and I am still having the problem and must disable the add-on ESigilbho Browser Helper Object in IE7, or it closes the browser down when I open a new tab.

Bob

Current version of VE (that I have) is 2.4.0.6; sounds like an update is in order, Bob. I’m using that with IE7 7.0.5730.11 and have no problems at all with ESigil.

LM

Hi Puniksem,

Which version of Verification Engine are you running?

Shane.

Sorry, I meant to say I am running 2.4.18.184, so this should be greater tha 2.4.0.6. I still have to select add-on disable to ESigilbho - Browser Helper Object in IE7, or it closes the browser down when I open a new tab. I am also running the Comodo Certified Applications Database Version 3.0. Any sugggestions?

Bob

Bob,

It looks like you’re referring to the Firewall, rather than Verification Engine… The current FW (Comodo Firewall Pro) is 2.4.18.184 with Database Version 3. Will you please verify the version of Verification Engine that you are using?

Tnx,

LM

I guess I was somewhat confused, and I have to plead ignorance. I am now running the latest version of the verification engine, and I have enabled the add-on for ESigilbho - Browser Helper Object in IE-7, and the problem has gone away. I can now open tabs on Explorer, without Internet Explorer closing down. Sorry for the confusion.

Bob :o

No problem, Bob. Glad you got it sorted out and working! Yay! The previous version of VE did have an IE7 issue as I recall, which the latest was supposed to resolve. Looks like it did… ;D

LM

Yes, the previous VE version did have IE7 tab issues. I’m pleased it is now working for you now Puniksem! :slight_smile:

Shane.