Problem with IE loading

I have WXP Home with IE 7 SP2 and Firefox. I have Spywareblaster, Windows Defender, AVG Pro, Comodo Firewall, and BO Clean all running real time. Also have AVG Antispyware, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot S&D and a few others I use on demand.

Don’t know much about Comodo Firewall, (was using Zone Alarm Free) have used it for about 2 weeks, and has worked fine till last evening. I could pull up Firefox, but could not pull up IE. I could shut down Comodo Firewall and IE would pull up fine. Did the same thing This morning, I shut down at night.

I uninstalled Comodo, and did a clean install, now it’s working fine again.

Has anyone else had this problem, what could cause it?

I did not block anything lately.

Thanks
Larry

PS. Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I am new. Also Thanks for the Great Products.

Welcome to the forum, Larry.

This is the right forum. Actually, the only Comodo one ;D. Hmm…what you described doesn’t really contain enough info considering that it worked until last evening. Usually for bizarre, miscellaneous cases like this, it could be an imperfect installation of CFP (e.g. the previous firewall wasn’t completely removed or during CFP install there were other security programs that conflicted). If it happens again, we’ll have to move this topic to the Help board. Also, one clue would be in your log to see if anything is blocked (knowingly or not).

Thank You Soya,

I removed all of ZA I could find when I uninstalled it. I went to safe mode and did a search to find what was left over, and deleted it, also used CCleaner to get what it found.

During install, I downloaded the Comodo installer and shut off all running programs before install.

I don’t see anything blocked.

I like Comodo real well, and want to keep it, just have to learn about it, I used ZA Free for many years.

I will try the new beta 3 when it comes out on the 14th. It is working fine now, so we will see. any more problems I will go to Help.

Thanks again.
Larry

Excellent. Seems like you already know your stuff

I sure don’t know everything, and never will. But I have learned a great deal In the last 5 yrs. from the CNet Forums, they have some very informed Mods. over there.

o i c. Sorry to disappoint you, then :(.

Why do you say that?

Never mind. I was only joking ;D. I am not an expert by any means, but I try to help :slight_smile:

OK, Just wondered. LOL