Problem with HIPS?

I just downloaded CAVS. Everytime I started my computer the HIPS box on the bottom left corner froze. I have disabled HIPS. Do I need to have HIPS on and if so how do i fix this problem?

You do not need to have HIPS enabled however it is a good line of defence against malware.

Do you have any other security software that contains HIPS or could clash with CAVS HIPS?

Perhaps the best thing to try would be: first uinstall CAVS and run a registry cleaner to clean up any leftover regsitry entries.
Next try re-installing CAVS whilst your pc is in safe mode.

:SMLR

thanks for the help but it doesn’t seem to work. The pop up in the bottom left corner freezes corner freezes and so does everything that goes on top of it. I have an aol spyware remover but that is it. can you think what the problem is?

Can anyone else help?

Perhaps it’s aol utility that interferes.

I had same problem and resolved it with a file “vbs” on startup that delays programs upload in memory.

• I have created a text file and have introduced time delay and link to the programs like here:
SecondsToDelay = "5"
ProgramToRun = "C:\Programmi\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus\CMain.exe"
Wscript.Sleep(SecondsToDelay * 1000)
Prog = Chr(34) & ProgramToRun & Chr(34)
CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run(Prog)

SecondsToDelay = "10"
ProgramToRun = "C:\Programmi\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe"
Prog = Chr(34) & ProgramToRun & Chr(34) & "/background"

SecondsToDelay = "15"
ProgramToRun = "C:\Programmi\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe"
Prog = Chr(34) & ProgramToRun & Chr(34) & "/minimized"
  • Then I saved the file with this extension: StartupDelayes.vbs

• I copied the file in the system folder: C:\WINNT (C:\Windows - for XP user)

• Therefore I have canceled startup keys from HKLM/run system registy and I’ve created a key for StartupDelayes.vbs file like this:

“Startup” “C:\WINNT\StartupDelay.vbs” (c:\Windows\StartupDelay.vbs - for XP user)

You can use this free utility for that:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,7976-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html)

• I did a reboot and all went smooth! ;D