Problem With Google Chrome & Sandbox/Kiosk

Hi

After updating Google Chrome to latest version 38.0.2125.101. Chrome no longer functions in the sandbox/kiosk.

ie it crashes with the aw shucks… message.

Retried the prior version which works perfectly.

Any other people observing this problem? More importantly anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Terry

Hi TerryWood,
I suspect some corruption/conflict between the two versions of Chrome has occurred within the sandbox.
I suggest resetting the sandbox and trying again.
Please note: All data stored within the sandbox only will be removed.
Reset the Sandbox-Comodo Help

Kind regards.

Hi Captainsticks

Thanks for ur reply. I should have said at the outset that I had already reset the sandbox, numerous times so there should be no conflict.

I am surprised that you are not getting other reports.

In addition, IE11, Firefox and Opera all work fine

Any other suggestions/

Thanks

Terry

Hi TerryWood,
Sorry my suggestion did not help.
I will try to reproduce the issue later today, in the mean time let us hope someone else has some idea as to what is occurring.
Edit: The issue does reproduce on my system (Win 8.1 64-bit) with Chrome V38 and I have failed to find a solution.
This might require a bug report.
Bug Reports - CIS
Required Format For Reporting Bugs

Kind regards.

Hi Captainsticks

Thanks for the confirmation (of a possible bug).

For the record my machine is 64 bit Win 7 BUT running 32bit Chrome

Thanks

Terry

Chrome stopped working for me in the Sandbox yesterday, I get the “He’s dead Jim” message. I’m running Chrome on Windows 8. My mother is running Chrome on Windows 7 and started getting the Ah Snap message with Chrome in the Sandbox too. Chrome will work outside of the Sandbox on box computers, and Firefox and IE will work in the Sandbox on my computer. I’ve reset the Sandbox, cleared the data in Chrome and nothing works. It’s very frustrating as Chrome is my preferred browser.

I’ve noticed the same problem. My chrome version is 38.0.2125.104 m (64-bit) & I’m using Win7 64 bit Home Premium.
It worked fine until the latest chrome update & I even uninstalled the Dragon browser to see if it conflicted somehow, but I still get the “ow snap” when opening chrome in the sandbox.
It also won’t run in the virtual mode but works fine otherwise.

Edit I just remembered that I used task killer once to ‘kill’ chrome whilst it was running in the sandbox, because the reset sandbox feature wouldn’t stop all the processes like it normally did.

The thing is, I can’t remember if chrome has actually worked in the sandbox again since I did that.

Does anyone know if you ‘kill’ a process with Task Killer, does that stop it working permanently?

I can confirm the same problem on my machine. Win 8.1 x64, Chrome 38.0.2125.104 (32-bit). The issue appears to be endemic to the chromium core, as the newest Opera 25, which is also based on Chromium (38.0.2125.101), doesn’t work in the sandbox. A 64-bit build of Firefox 32 and IE11 both run fine in the sandbox.

I believe a bug report is necessary.

I have reported this issue direct to the tracker.

Just chiming in here, I’m having the same problem. I no longer can run chrome sandboxed or V.Desktop. aw, snap! error message

W7 64 professional, chrome Version 38.0.2125.111 m

Hi and welcome temporal9,
Thanks for your input. :-TU
Comodo Staff have confirmed this bug, so hopefully it is corrected in future versions.

Thanks.

Has it been fixed in version 8.0.0.4337?

Hi Scubamaster,
Yes this issue is resolved, at least it is on my systems and confirmed by one other member. :-TU

Kind regards.

@captainsticks

Thanks for the quick reply, that’s good news!

You are welcome. :slight_smile: