Problem: Monitor Has a Blue Tint

Ok, this is strange: a old computer we have, about 8-10 years old (it was near top-of-the-line when bought, though), now has a blue tint on the monitor. This, in addition to other things, causes people in pictures to have greenish skin…

It is Windows XP with CIS latest 3 version. I have “fiddles” with the monitor buttons, but nothing helped.

I haven’t had much time to investigate this, but it happened around a TeamViewer connection I was testing…

A restart didn’t help.

Anyone have ideas? Thanks!

Check for a faulty connection with the data connector. Try un-plugging and plugging it back in.

I have seen this cure some weird color problems before.

Lee

I tried that…still blue tint. :frowning:

Maybe it it will convince the owner of it to get a sorely needed new one! :stuck_out_tongue:

I had tried degaussing when I “messed” around with the monitor settings, and besides making nice colors it didn’t help. :frowning:

I’m going to see if I can hook my laptop up to the monitor, to see where the problem is.

Do like Mick from the ‘Stones’ says: “Paint it Black” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Good luck
Sorcerer

Is it completely tinted or partial in certain areas? If it’s the same after replacing all cables and the PC it’s connected to, then it’s obviously a dying monitor.

Seems completed tinted.

It happened after I tried the “black screen” feature with TeamViewer. It didn’t really work, and seemed to turn the monitor on and off.

I wonder if that wore it out… :-\

Computers can be mysterious and weird. Their peripherals aren’t exceptions either.

For a last ditch effort, you can try the old Nintendo game cartridge solution: ■■■■ the dust out ;D.

Hey Laser,

If a CRT monitor has a consistent overall bluish tinge, it is usually caused by either of two conditions : 1) the blue “gun” is over-firing or 2) the red and green “guns” are under-firing.

As Soya said, this is usually a sign of impending doom. There is no fix that can be safely done by the user for this condition.

Prepare to say bye-bye. :cry:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Yay, maybe that person will now get a better computer. After all, this 10-year-old PC has got a lot of use. :slight_smile: