A. THE BUG/ISSUE:Switching from firewall security to proactive freezes my laptop.
- What you did:Activate proactive security
- What actually happened or you actually saw:Vista OS froze and would no longer respond
- What you expected to happen or see:I expected proactive security to work.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened:I tried several solutions posted in the Comodo forum and none of them fixed the issue.
- If a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:N/A
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):Comodo Firewall 5.9.219863.2196
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen:All I need to do is activate proactive security.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):No clue as to why it happens.
B. FILES APPENDED. (Please zip unless screenshots).:N/A
- Screenshots of the Defense plus Active Processes List (Required for all issues):N/A
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:N/A
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:N/A
- A CIS config report or file:N/A
- Crash or freeze dump file:N/A
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version:N/A
C. YOUR SETUP:Comodo Firewall / Avast Free antivirus
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration:N/A
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:No
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:yes
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:no
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:no
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):no
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels:Safe Mode / Disabled / Safe Mode
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:Vista / SP2 / 32bit / UAC active / Administrator
- Other security and utility software currently installed:No
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed:Norton Internet Security
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box)[color=blue]:No