Proactive defense clean PC mode or safe mode is better?

When I first installed Comodo firewall in proactive defense it was set at clean PC mode. Is this the mode to be in or should I change to safe mode. How long should you be in clean PC mode before changing to safe mode?

In my opinion… Safe mode is safer… Because of comodo’s larger whitelist now (Still growing) Pop-ups are reducing alot.

from the help file :slight_smile:

Safe Mode: While monitoring critical system activity, Defense+ will automatically learn the activity of executables and applications certified as 'Safe' by Comodo. It will also automatically create 'Allow' rules these activities. For non-certified, unknown, applications, you will receive an alert whenever that application attempts to run. Should you choose, you can add that new application to the safe list by choosing 'Treat this application as a Trusted Application' at the alert. This will instruct the Defense+ not to generate an alert the next time it runs. If your machine is not new or known to be free of malware and other threats as in 'Clean PC Mode' then Train with Safe Mode' is recommended setting for most users - combining the highest levels of security with an easy-to-manage number of Defense+ alerts.

Clean PC Mode: From the time you set the slider to ‘Clean PC Mode’, Defense+ will learn the activities of the applications currently installed on the computer while all new executables introduced to the system are monitored and controlled. This patent-pending mode of operation is the recommended option on a new computer or one that the user knows to be clean of malware and other threats. From this point onwards Defense+ will alert the user whenever a new, unrecognized application is being installed. In this mode, the files in ‘My Pending Files’ are excluded from being considered as clean and are monitored and controlled.

so basically:
clean PC mode:

1. allow all applications prior to CIS installation
  2. add the unknown executable to “pending files” list
  3. ask for new executable

safe mode:

1. allow all applications safelisted by comodo
  2. ask for unknown application

safe mode is the optimum setup imo :slight_smile:

if you’re sure your PC is malware free, then you can stick on Clean PC mode forever.

I believe Clean PC would be ideal as well. Even Comodo sets it themselves on default when installing. It just requires a little more work and baby sitting.