PrivDog 2.1.0.21 released

PrivDog 2.1.0.21 is now released.

For existing users your browsers will be automatically updated.

The new setup program will be available at PrivDog.com. The setup is currently propagating to Cnet and may take up to 72 hours to appear.
Here’s the direct link to the setup:
http://privdog.com/setups/PrivDogSetup.exe

The setup has gone through virus total and is verified clean from all malware and viruses:
Link: VirusTotal

New: Removed Dragon plugin from installer (Dragon browser now comes with Privdog preinstalled. Existing Dragon users will be updated by regular Dragon update) Setup
New: Improved threat coverage Common

Fixed defect where: PrivDog breaks GoogleDrive Firefox
Fixed defect where: Reply box and function don’t work anymore in Gmail Chrome
Mod edit: Corrected the version number, Captainsticks.

Thanks for the update. :-TU

Isn’t 2.1 less than 2.1.0.19? I don’t understand…

Thanks Sanya, the version number has now been corrected in the OP. :slight_smile:

is it IE compatible now?

Hi casachit,
Yes is supports IE.

Kind regards.

It did not install the extension for Dragon, please check !

Hi a256886572008,

Kind regards.

good job guys. this is a very important tool to protect our users from uninvited guests who try to sneak in to their computers as they surf the internet!

keep up the good work.

Melih

Still hasn’t updated my PrivDog in Chrome… Would be nice if you could offer the .crx file instead since I refuse to install your setup just to get the .crx file.

Seeing as Chrome will soon remove the possibility to use extensions not from the chrome web store*, are you finally going to put it up there? Not to mention that it should have been there this whole time but you know, better late than never. (Or does it perhaps break any of their rules? 88) Is that why it’s not up there, it’s not allowed?)

*Dev and Canary Chrome will apparently still have support for extensions installed outside the web store. Stable and Beta won’t though. I’m assuming this won’t affect Chromium and hence won’t affect Dragon.

For now plugins are updated only via setup, so, to get updates for Chrome, you still need to install setup at least once.

… No thank you in that case.

I’m assuming this can be decided when building the browser from the source-code. So Google makes one decision for stable and beta, and another for Dev and Canary (and all versions for Linux and OS X).

Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

Hi there

Is there a CRX version yet of the New Version

Regards

Nigel

Version 2.1.0.22 … Basically the same thing? =S

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just wondering if anyone could post the .xpi for Firefox? I’m currently on linux and want to install it. Thanks :slight_smile:

See attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Sanya IV Litvyak,

However I got Privdog > Version 2.1.0.19 on Opera.

So I will try the file you uploaded and see if I get on same version of 2.1.0.21

nige

I try it and all worked good, I now have Privdog Version 2.1.0.22 on Opera.

So all is good

Nigel :slight_smile: