Printing Problems

I have been using comodo firewwall Pro version 3 for about 3 months and have worked out most of the kinks but just looking over the forum. I still have one problem that if I do not fix soon my wife said she would get a divorce.

I have a dell 3100cn printer that have been having problems sence the install of Comodo. The issue is when I go to print it is very slow for the printer window to open and then when I hit the printer preferenes button to set the duplex settings it now takes 10 to 15 seconds before it opens to that window. It use open in one second. My wife copies all day and it is driving her crazy.

I hoped it would get better on its own but it has not.

I was going to completely remove comodo but I have been following the posts for removal and it scares the heck out of me.

I have called up dell and reinstalled the printer drivers numerous times and it does not help. I have 2 other computers that have all my other software on them except comodo and they do not have the printing problem.
I have set the security levels for firewall and defense+ to disable and it still does not help.

If there was a easy fix that would be great. At this point I am considering removing it even though there is no easy uninstall available yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance--------Dudley6

Hi Dudely6,

I am sorry you have this problem! Do you have the latest version installed? I had a similar problem, I reinstalled, and Upon reboot Comodo bought up “Network Found!” and tick the box to make sure your visible to others on the internet.

OR TRY: Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and make sure you allow access too…

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS*

Josh.

Hi Josh 123,

Thanks for responding. I have the most current version and I do not think that it is a “Network found!” issue at this time. I would like some input on your other suggestion first, the Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and make sure you allow access too…

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS*

When I go to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS folder there is nothing in that folder, it is empty. Is that normal?

Thanks Dudley6

I added C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SPOOL\PRINTERS* to my Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and it did not make any difference. I still have the same issue I had originally.

HELP!

“Bump”

I have set the security levels for firewall and defense+ to disable and it still does not help.

What happens if you EXIT the firewal altogether (right click the system tray icon and select EXIT)?

If it is still slow at that point, then it may be something other than CFP V3 and wewould need to dig deeper.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks for getting back to me. I have done that before and I tried it again and it still did not help my printing issue

Dudley6

G’day again,

If the problem exists when CFP is enabled and disabled, unfortunately the next logical step is to uninstall CFP V3 and see if the problem is still there.

I read that you’re a bit concerned about the uninstallation of CFP V3. Yes, there have been a number of problems reported, but as a percentage of the total quantity of installations completed, it’s really very tiny. I’ve got CFP V3 installed on a test lab of over 50 PCs, and it regularly gets pulled down and built up again and I’m yet to have a problem in the lab. The one time I had an issue was when I didn’t reboot when I was supposed to and commenced another appications installation prior to completing the CFP uninstallation.

This isn’t to say that you may not have a problem, only that the chances of it occuring may not be as large as you think. Remember, there are hundreds of thousands of instations and uninstallations that go unreported.

Take your time, and follow normal safe tech precautions - backup up critical data before you do anything major, follow the recommended procedure (taking shortcuts are the greatest cause of things going pear shaped), don’t click blindly (read the dialogue boxes as they are presented) and reboot when asked (not when you think it’s best).

If the problem doesn’t exist when CFP is uninstalled, then we will dig deeper. This may involve you running a script we have developed for troubleshooting, or exporting and posting your firewall logs, but we can step you through these.

Hang in there.

Ewen :slight_smile:

I was reading through the comprehensive uninstall post for the second time before I received your last suggestion. Guess I will try and tackle it on May 2 because I have 3 days free and no interruptions. I know if I get it uninstalled my wife will never let me put another firewall back on the computer other than windows.

Thanks again for getting back so fast.

Dudley6

I have one other quick question. When I start with the first uninstall should I use the Windows Add/Remove or use the uninstall from start–all programs–COMODO–Firewall–uninstall

Use the Reg+File Remover, It is easier (Does the job automatically).

Use Add/Remove programs THEN the Reg+File Cleaner in the Uninstall post.

Josh