Printing in browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) through Comodo

Hello there,

I need help. I have Windows 7, 64-bit and Comodo Internet Security. When I m trying to print from the internet, I get the notification, that I must first install a printer or find one or select it from the list. None of these works ! Something in Comodo has gone wrong but WHAT ? The basic printing in Windows and other progrmas works just fine. Something blocks the web-printing and I cant find the setting to change that !!!

Hey and warm welcome to comodo forums!

how is your printer connected to your pc? through usb or through Wlan?

Regards,
Valentin N

Hey and thanks for the warm welcome ;D. My printer is connected via usb.

see if it’s enough by adding it in application rules (CIS → firewall → Network Security Policy → Application rules → add

Regards,
Valentin N

Hey,

What is the service or program which I should add to Comodo rules ? Did you mean Firefox or IE itself ? They work also as a browser but the printing through won`t work. Basic prinring via Word or Excel works. Or any other file in my computer prints out.

Something makes webprinting so dangerous that it should be blocked…Darn this setting-jungle is challenging ;-). But thank you for helping me so far and I`m sure we will get the bottom of this.

Regards,

Juha as called as Kartanonherra

you don’t need to add any program/service in order to add the exe file of the printer in CIS.

Look at my previous post in order to add something within application rules.

Regards,
Valentin N