Prevents Firefall from launching

This is about the game, Firefal, http://www.firefall.com/

With Comodo Firewall installed I can’t launch the game. It simply won’t start, no error messages, no popups from Comodo.

Firewall - Custom Ruleset
Auto-sandbox - disabled.
HIPS - disabled.
Viruscope - disabled.

I have added every exe in the Firefall directory as Allowed Application (under firewall settings). Even when I disabled the firewall or try game mode it will still not work.

The only way I can launch this game is when I uninstall Comodo Firewall.
Is there some setting I might have missed?

Comodo Firewall 8.2.0.4591
Windows 10 (build 10130)

Ensure that ‘alerts’ are enabled: Advanced Firewall Settings

Ensure that ‘logging’ is enabled Log settings

Logs are your friends; you can switch between Firewall / HIPS logs and create both Firewall AND HIPS rules for applications according to log entries in one session w/ out having to update either Firewall or HIPS rules first.

I have alerts enabled. It is the reason I use Comodo Firewall. I want to see what is trying to go online and either allow or disallow it.
When I launch Firefall no Comodo notification appears. I also added all EXEs related to Firefall as allowed afterwards to be sure.

There is nothing coming up in the log. In fact, that window that comes up when you click on “view log” shows 0% for all security events. I cleared the logs just before running Firefall to see if any event related to it is generated.

It is like Firefall is not even trying to do anything online before getting prevented to run at all. I have HIPS and all the other extras disabled so I assume it is not Viruscope or HIPS that is interfering with the game running.

I do not know what can cause the problem. All I know is that the game runs fine when Comodo is not installed. I played it last night. I actually installed Comodo now so I could check your suggestions and take these screenshots.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Don’t know if this is of any use but I turned on HIPS to get notifications when I launch Firefall, so see what gets executed (I chose Allow each time it asked).
From this I can see it is the “redhanded” program that is failing since it wrote to the windows event log. I guess this app is some kind of security thing that needs to check the game exe and for whatever reason can’t while comodo is installed.

Faulting application name: RedHanded.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x553145ae
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10130.0, time stamp: 0x55603349
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000022dc4
Faulting process ID: 0xd54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0b58a4ea4dd8d
Faulting application path: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Firefall\system\bin\64\RedHanded.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 8dcb5bac-97d8-470b-80d9-60be5d23b6a4
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

[attachment deleted by admin]

The faulting module is NTDLL which is a core system component. Do you have any other security applications installed, e.g., A/V?

This does not appear to be a firewall problem per se; it is an CIS installation / setup / configuration issue. I’d review the sticky posts on that forum; there probably will be something useful to discover there. That an the online manual is of invaluable help

For example, check out the first non-sticky by mouse1 w/ respect to Steam apps here:

The NTDLL.dll error is because it doesn’t have access to read the required resources. I used to played Firefall which did have difficulties with Comodo’s Auto-Sandbox. As I remember it the RedHand.exe will modify the game’s executes so that the hashes no longer match the trust file list, nor is the exe signed.

My work around was to set the games executables (the launcher/updater, game client, and redhand) up with an ignore any reputation auto-sandbox rule.

The faulting module is NTDLL which is a core system component. Do you have any other security applications installed, e.g., A/V?

I only had Comodo and of course Windows Defender. It is obvious that it is Comodo causing problems seeing that the game works fine when Comodo is removed from my system.

This does not appear to be a firewall problem per se; it is an CIS installation / setup / configuration issue

I posted here since I installed the Firewall. The product you get here Free Firewall | Best Comodo Firewall Software Download 2022

My work around was to set the games executables (the launcher/updater, game client, and redhand) up with an ignore any reputation auto-sandbox rule.

Like I said in 1st post, I disabled Sandbox, HIPS, and Viroscape. Is this not really disabled when I set it such?

Well, I don’t really care any longer. I only posted this info since I’ve used Comodo for a long time now and wanted to give some info that might help 'em make it play nice with other software. I’ve uninstalled it and is now using a different firewall which does not mess around with the game I want to play.