preventing popups and malicious software loading onto an Android phone

Hi everyone. I am new here - never knew about this place until earlier today. I found a two year old page here, that might answer my questions, but I’m wondering if there is a newer discussion on this topic.

Here’s my question as of today, along with a link to the old page here:

===========================

I had some concerns while checking the following website.

When I went to this page with my Android phones running Chrome Beta (both Nexus 4, and HTC M8), I first got a pop-up window, and then in the window it said something about my computer running slow, and did I want to install something from mob.limitshare.com. Something like this happened before, and after that I decided the best thing to do was immediately close all my apps , and then make sure my phone wasn’t already downloading anything. (On my PC, the above URL worked fine.)

I have “Ad Block Plus” (adblockplusandroid-1.2.1.apk) installed. I thought this would prevent pop-ups. I don’t want my browser opening pop-ups, and certainly want to be sure my phone won’t download anything. (To be sure, I periodically check my download folder, and I have “install from unknown sites” turned off.

I am trying to find a way to prevent this from happening in the future – I think it’s called a “push ad”. While searching on the net, I found this link which offers a solution:
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-mobile-security-cms/comodo-mobile-security-cms-v142505949-with-push-ad-detector-is-released-t86966.0.html;msg625135#msg625135

That’s as far as I’ve gotten. I’m somewhat lost. I though Ad-Block would do everything, and I don’t know enough to understand the software from Comodo. I almost installed it anyway, but the permissions it warned me about seemed far too scary.

Any advice?

===========================

After thinking this over, I thought the best thing to do would be to create an account here and ask. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give me.

-Mike Myers

I should add that I have been using Trend Mobile Security and Vipre on and off - not sure what is the best utility to go with. Trend got good reviews, which made me think they would be a good choice. If I understand things correctly, CMS is something available here? Is there a description of what it is, what it costs, and how to download it?

I am also running Malwarebytes. If CMS is a good replacement for what I’m using now, does it also do the work of Malwarebytes?

Sorry I have so many questions. I’m impressed by what I read here, but I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!