Potential FPs, but first a question

I know FPs are to be reported in another subforum, but I’m not entirely certain there’s any reason to bother with this particular set. This one should be a fun one for the gamers out there, at least. :smiley:

Decided to run a full CCE scan today, and CCE has decided that several parts of a very popular Skyrim mod are a rootkit. Realistic Lighting Overhaul, which has a hefty number of downloads within the community, specifically. CCE flags eighteen .nif mesh files from one of the optional folders within it as Rootkit.HiddenFile, and another folder elsewhere in the set as Rootkit.HiddenDir. As an aside, I’m not sure it’s even possible for a .nif to even be related to a rootkit, but I’m not that wise in how these things work.

This is a link to one of the meshes’ VT scan as there were several flagged and I don’t see the point in uploading them all, as they all had the same result, 0/45 Detection. There’s a ‘synchronization error’ in the warnings on the second tab but I haven’t a clue what that means, or if it’s relevant.

Avast, Spybot, Malwarebytes detect nothing. They’re meshes. Mostly for glowy fantasy mushrooms. Is this more an issue with maybe how the folder was laid out, in several subdirectories or related to a registry fluke? I tend to keep the mod directories zipped up when I’m not fiddling with my mod layout, and it is of note that there is a zipped version of this mod directory also on the PC, but nothing within it was pinned as suspicious.

This does sound like a False Positive. Please report them in the other board.