Possible solution to Comodo 4 Installer Errors!!!

I believe that I may have found a solution for those few unfortunate souls (which included myself until recently) that can’t seem to install the new CIS 4:

I think that the MSI installer for CIS 4 may be relying on some features only found in the latest version of the Windows Installer system and that those suffering from installation problems on older systems may not have the newest version.

I have the venerable XP SP3 (fully patched) installed on my machine and was suffering from the 1603 error that some people are reporting. I was looking for ways to enable some sort of logging to find out where exactly the installer was failing when I noticed that my Windows Installer was reporting a 3.1.xxxx version number (run: msiexec /?).

A quick search led me to find that the newest version for XP, Vista, and Server’s 2003/8 was actually 4.5 so I downloaded the latest version (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5a58b56f-60b6-4412-95b9-54d056d6f9f4&displaylang=en), installed it, rebooted, and then tried the CIS 4 installer again.

It worked without any problems! I now finally after many frustrating hours have CIS 4 installed and running! I hope this helps!

If not then at least look at the msiexec logging options and generate an installation log to report to Comodo. Maybe that will help them pin down the exact issue.

I have the same problem, but I am using Win 7! The Installer ver. 4.5 does not include support for Win 7! Anyone know if this is also the problem for Win 7?

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Well, I can probably say this with a firm resolution of the cause for at least Vista. For the tidbits, I had version 3 on the Vista machine, up to the latest install, 3.14… I was getting error 1603 after I had uninstalled version 3 and rebooted. I tried Comodo System Cleaner, didn’t fix. I checked the installer, it’s running 4.5. I kept searching and found in another thread about ragwing’s fix with the batch file. I hope that it will work on W7 as I think it shouldn’t be much different from experience. I have just completely, successfully installed the latest version after running that batch file. I thought I’d let you know at least Sparky as this thread seemed a bit open ended still for those seeking help still. It worked for me, may not for you, but it may.

The batch file the1who refers to can be found here: https://forums.comodo.com/install_setup_configuration_help/cleanup_tool_for_comodo_internet_security-t36499.0.html;msg259617#msg259617 .

i have tried Cmwoods’s solution: :-TD
Next I 've tried the1who’s solution: It worked also for me ( Windows XP) :-TU

Hi,

I just joined this forum to say thanks for resolving my Comodo 4 installation difficulties. I was tempted to find another firewall but, as Comodo is still tops in the reviews, I persevered and found this Topic. I have Windows Vista and this solution worked a treat.

Many thanks Cmwoods.

Regards,

Willwill.

Well it’s good to see it works for some but not me. My windows Installer is V4.5.6001.22159, I run XP Pro + SP3. I HAVE tried the various scripts and fixes mentioned but it all fails again. This is a real pain because although I export my settings from V3 before trying the update and importing back into V3 after the attempt I still have to monitor the requesters for a couple of days.

I am looking to completely uninstal anything Comodo and move to something else.

Last comment, I have been trying to get this update installed for a long time so it’s not as if I haven’t been trying. :-TD :-TD :-TD

ShadowMan