Bug/Issue report is at the bottom.
I’m hoping there is just some setting I can change, Anyway here goes:
Description of what is happening:
Daily(don’t remember how long), I’ve been having to shutdown/restart my laptop and after it starting to really bother me :P, I started researching it using memsnap/poolmon tools.
This is the event I’m seeing when I believe the system gets confused:
Type Date Time Source Category Event User Computer Error 3/3/2011 5:32:23 AM Srv None 2019 N/A TMR Description: The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.
If I’m correct, The driver symbol for the driver(cmdGuard.sys) is: Rptr
Using poolmon I’ve been able to determine that driver(cmdGuard.sys) is steadily using more bytes of nonpaged memory without freeing any, Example:
Tag Type Allocs Frees Diff Bytes Per Alloc Rptr Nonp 14940 13 14927 9409272 630 -- 4:05pm Rptr Nonp 27735 13 27722 17171656 619 -- 5:05pm Rptr Nonp 39321 13 39308 24228048 616 -- 6:05pm Rptr Nonp 50539 13 50526 31050272 614 -- 7:05pm Rptr Nonp 61571 13 61558 37759408 613 -- 8:05pm
- What you did: Research
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Have to restart system because no applications will start and sometimes system will hang.
- What you expected to happen or see: N/A
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: No
- If it’s an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: No
- Details & exact version of any application (except CIS) involved with download link: None
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: Yes. a) Leave system alone with or without any applications running for about 12 hours.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): See above research and problem description at top.
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: N/A
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs or the Defense+ Active Processes List: N/A
- A CIS config. report or file: None
- Crash or freeze dump file: Not applicable
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
From about screen: COMODO Firewall Product Version: 5.3.181415.1237
Name=“COMODO - Proactive Security” Version=“50422421” ProductVersion=“5.3.181415.1237”
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: This version was allowed to be downloaded/installed when prompted by software.
b) if so, have you tried reinstalling (if not please do)?: No
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a preset config (if not please do)?: No
- Ave you made any other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security level: D+=Safe, Sandbox=Enabled, Firewall=Safe, AV=N/A
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows XP, SP3, 32 bit, None in XP, Admin account.
- Other security and utility software installed: Antivirus-NOD32
- Virtual machine used: None
Let me know if more information is needed.