possible malware here?

Thanks.

The program cannot quarantine the spywarebot (2 traces). I get an error message for them, saying they cannot be deleted, and to consult the experts at the A2 forum. This is the same message I got when I tried quarantining the 4 objects on my laptop. What do you suggest now?

This may sound like a dumb question, but why am I only quarantining these objects, and not deleting them? What do I do with them now that they are quarantined? Once I delete eventually them do I do a system clean on that drive, delete all restore points and re-scan?

Should I be deleting all the other things (tracking cookies, etc) so they don’t sit there and pop up again on future scans? Is there a way in A2 to ignore the files I know are false positives so they don’t pop up again? I can’t seem to find an ignore option.

Should I be deleting all the other things (tracking cookies, etc) so they don't sit there and pop up again on future scans? Is there a way in A2 to ignore the files I know are false positives so they don't pop up again? I can't seem to find an ignore option.
I think rightclicking and adding to the whitelist should do if I remember right?
The program cannot quarantine the spywarebot (2 traces). I get an error message for them, saying they cannot be deleted, and to consult the experts at the A2 forum. This is the same message I got when I tried quarantining the 4 objects on my laptop. What do you suggest now?
I'm a bit puzzled, because I don't know if it's actually cleaned now or not....... Hijackthis looks clean.... Well, if you really feel you need to I sujest you scan with Superantispyware. if that doesn't help, you will need to look for more expert cleaning : Comodo LivePcSupport
This may sound like a dumb question, but why am I only quarantining these objects, and not deleting them? What do I do with them now that they are quarantined? Once I delete eventually them do I do a system clean on that drive, delete all restore points and re-scan?
It's safer, imagine that you actually need those files for an application or so, well, you can still repair it then. If you delete it, it's lost forever.

eXPerience

!ot! Can a Mod please correct the spelling of the topic? I know I’m being fussy… It just tickles me every time I see it… lol

I find it funny, that’s why I kept it there in the first place :wink:

ok, I only changed the OP :slight_smile:

eXPerience

:-[

yeah, I noticed that a while ago, but didn’t know how to fix it. At least I could find my post easily ;D oops

OK- I’ll try this when I get home from work tonight. From what I remember thoguh, Superantispyware didn’t find those objects in the first place… ???

I’ll re-run everything and see what I find.
Thanks.

A2 and Hijack This logs from follow up scan. The “undeletable” files didn’t show up for some reason but the 2 other objects did. Spybot, Malwarebytes, SuperAntispaware, and Adaware all missed them. So I cleaned all drives and deleted restore points, restarted and scanned again with A2- nothing found. I’ll have to see if they pop up again in a couple days…

[attachment deleted by admin]