Possible bug ? Comodo 7.0.315459.4132 firewall only

Possible bug with the latest version 7.0.315459.4132 with only firewall installed (no antivirus) with my Windows 8.1 update 1 x64

Just before the launch of Windows when the “dots turn” ???, my PC reboot … after then Windows starts correctly.

Other software launched at boot:
avast 2014.9.0.2016
Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Very strange problem that I did not have with the previous version 7.xx Comodo BUT with Windows 8.1 x64, it is therefore difficult for me to compare and make tests.
The only solution I’ve found so far is to uninstall Comodo and Windows has no problem to get started (this is therefore not a hardware problem)

Sorry for my bad English :embarassed:, and the few explanations that I can provide. I explained that it was a clean install of Comodo with only a backup of the database that I take a my old 6.x

I’m sorry, but I’m having trouble understanding this issue. Can you please explain in more detail what you are seeing when you say that the ‘dots turn’?

Thanks.

Sorry :embarassed:

here is “my” :smiley: “dots turn” (I did not know how to say in English)

[attachment deleted by admin]

What you showed seems to be a loading screen. Therefore, are you saying that these are the steps which reproduce this issue on your computer?

1: Have the computer completely powered down.
2: Turn on the computer and note that when it reaches the loading screen (where the dots rotate) the computer restarts?
3: After this restart the computer again boots to the loading screen. However, this time it logs in normally.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks.

Yes, I turn on my computer, the “turning point” and just at the end, just before the welcome screen Windows 8.x my computer reboot. Then the same sequence and then I finally board the host (and I can then log me).
My hardware and my software are exactly the same in both versions.
The only difference is that I updated “Avast 9.x” to “Avast 9.y” and “Malwarebytes 1.x” to “Malwarebytes 2.x”.

2: Turn on the computer and note that when it reaches the loading screen (where the dots rotate) the computer restarts?
Yes that is exactly what
3: After this restart the computer again boots to the loading screen. However, this time it logs in normally.
Yes that is correct. Now that I have completely uninstalled Comodo (with much regret) with "Revo uninstaller" I have not had this problem at boot (several distribution boot over several hours / days) I do not blame Comodo, but this problem is now that when I have it on my computer with Windows 8.1 [b]update 1[/b] x64 (problem never seen with Windows 8.1 x64). It is for this reason that I have allowed myself to a message announcing a "bug".

Best regards,
SwissSteph

Please try reinstalling by following the advice I give here and let me know if the problem continues. This may have been caused by some sort of an error at installation, which reinstalling by following these methods may be able to solve. Note that without running the removal tool referenced in my topic the problem may continue, even if CIS is reinstalled.

Let me know if that is able to fix it.

Thanks.

Ok let me time to do this and I give you my result :slight_smile:

Thanks. Let me know what you find.

The problem seems solved, I made several boot and restart. I have not had this problem.

To install Comodo, I put “off” Avast and Malwarebytes (I have not uninstalled !).

I also put “off” Comodo sandbox because it put me too often in reliable programs.

I also updated with the latest version of Comodo (7.0.317799.4142)

Thank you for your help

I’m very happy to hear that this is solved. I will now move this report to Resolved.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Thanks.