Portable programs

Well even Comodo has a splash sreen ;D Why U are using it then ? :smiley:

Yes, but it’s Comodo’s own splash screen, which is alright. I like splash screens (I’ve even re-enabled the splash screen in Adobe Reader, which is automatically disabled after the first launch), they ensure me that the program is starting / loading plugins / whatever, but they should only contain info from the original authour! :-TU

LA

Cha cha ! I can’t understand U L.A. ;D I know what U mean though :slight_smile:

You have to be insaner. Learn from this type of advice, junior :P:

Why don’t you MAKE it portable by REMOVING all registry keys relating to Bryce ;D

One of ol’ Morphos’ little faves :slight_smile: (Made in France)

Great, slim and very easy to use graphics editor with class. :-TU (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*)

:■■■■

THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN CERTIFIED SPYWARE FREE BY MORPHOS REBOL (:NRD)

http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/grafikfoto/34434/faststone_capture.html

Ol’ MorphOS fave screen capture tool. :-TU (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*)

(make sure to get your hands on this last freeware portable version!) (:WIN)

www.artweaver.de

Best free painting prog in the world (made in Germany). :-TU (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*)
At the moment available in German, Chinese, French, Italian, Hungarian, Swedish, Colombian, Danish, Russian, Dutch, Breton, Polish, Finnish, Slovakian, traditional Chinese. To be hopefully expanded.

Portable version exists, of course.

:BNC

PS: Replacing GIMP by using PhotoFiltre and Artweaver can sincerely reduce your HD’s usage.

(to LA)

LOL

LOL. I did a manual scan and it seems like all Bryce entries are related to file type registration. So I guess it’s just as portable as other programs that handle specific file types…

Thanks for the suggestions REBOL. :a0

LA

Hope you’ll like them as much as I do. Enjoy. (:WIN)

Artweaver looks very interesting, the only thing that make me skeptical immediately is that it lacks layer support for PSD files.

LA

Please remember, Artweaver is a paint prog by self-definition, in the first place… (even if enormous already in it’s - stable, I’d rather call that - alpha state)

And what about PhotoFiltre? There’s a huge plugin site available, by the way, if interested.

(:WIN)

I tried it and it seems to be a simple and nice program. I guess I could use it unless I’ve become used to the GIMP. Also noticed that PhotoFiltre cannot save to PSD, and I couldn’t find any layer handling (although I only took a quick look). At least it handles TIF, which is important. Maybe there’s a plugin so it can export to PSD.

Not sure that PhotoFiltre is suitable for me, but again, it’s simple and nice - and not the least - portable, so it’s a worthy part of this thread. :-TU

LA

I changed from Foxit Reader to PDF-XChange Viewer months ago. This is a real portable program, unlike Foxit (which I thought wrong), because it doesn’t write to the registry.

Also, I just installed AIMP beta 2. This one has a portable mode (although I may switch to the full since it disables the ability to use Winamp plug-ins) and rivals XMPlay, perhaps even surpassing it :o. In terms of audio, I’m still comparing the two and it’s difficult to determin which one is superior since they both use BASS engine.

AIMP rules ! No doubt ! ;D Install DFX for it and you have perfection :slight_smile:

The downside comparing to XMPlay is that it uses a bit more CPU cycles.

Anyway - russians did a teriffic job on this one. :slight_smile:

Really? I find XMPlay uses more CPU. After playing a few songs and comparing them side by side, the differences in audio quality are minute, so I guess it doesn’t matter. I’ll wait for AIMP to finalize 2.5 then really test it.

I’m using AIMP for more than a half a year now and I don’t even think about using another player. It has everything I need. It’s comfortable, low on resourses, good looking and has a good sound quality.
I tried using 2.50 beta, but I had to revert to 2.11, cos the sound quality in 2.50 is not so good. I can hear scraching sounds on some of the songs, while in 2.11 it’s perfect :slight_smile:

Now I’ve replaced The GIMP with Artweaver. Since I currently don’t do any advanced things, and I don’t use layers, Artweaver is sufficient. Besides, it’s simple enough to replace M$ Paint (which I consequently removed).

:SMLR

LA

Np: Cream: I’m so glad :slight_smile:

Cheers to you, Löwenadler!

but oops…:

In my first post, I think I really forgot to mention that this nice prog from www.artweaver.de is also available as an ENGLISH version, of course. It had it’s English translation available from it’s very beginnings…

PS: Are you happy with it, thus far?

Current list below.

7-Zip
Bryce Semi-P
CCleaner P
Comodo Firewall Pro
DC++ P
GIMP
InfraRecorder P
Internet Explorer
JkDefrag P
Media Player Classic P
NT Registry Optimizer P
OpenOffice.org (well, currently not installed)
Opera
PDF X-Change Viewer P
PDFCreator
RegSeeker P

The most important difference is that I’ve found PDF X-Change Viewer to be a worthy replacement for Adobe Reader Lite. :-TU

I’m also testing Comodo Registry Cleaner sometimes but it’s not yet permanent.

LA