Port 80 Open [Resolved]

Shield’s Up scan says Port 80 is open. How can I configure Comodo Firewall to show Port 80 in stealth mode?

What rules do you have set in the Firewall, unless you are running a web server than port 80 should be closed or “stealthed”. Please post a screen shot of your network rules for Comodo Firewall.

G’day R-

Thanks for the answer. I’m no longer using Comodo Firewall, but may reinstall it. I’ve tried three firewalls in all and Port80 is still open. I’m not running a web server nor do I use an instant messenger. There don’t seem to be any “nasties” keeping the port open nor have I port forwarded it. Aside from some modem/router problem where else can I look for the cause/remedy for this problem? Advice from you or anyone else on this forum would be more than gratefully welcome.

Cheers’
Neal

G’day thickas (gr8 nick, BTW),

If you open a command window and enter “netstat -bn”, this will display a list of all active connections, the ports used and the application using that connection (see attached screenshot for example). Port 80, as Rotty pointed out, is generally used for an incoming web server of some sort. If it’s not needed, it should be closed.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just had another thought.

If you’re behind a router and you HAVEN’T forwarded all ports, ShieldsUp is actually testing your router, not your PC. Assuming this is true, ShieldsUP is saying that Port 80 is open on your router.

Check whether your router has remote administration turned on, as this will open port 80 incoming on the router to allow you (and everyone else if it isn’t secured) to adminster the router from aywhere.

My own opinion? Remote administration on home/small business router is not recommended as their security may not be “hard” enough to stay exposed to the internet.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

G’day gr8-

Thanks for the replies. I think you’re on the right track re: the router. Remote admin is not enabled but since a recent modem reset all has not been well. Perhaps it’s time to flash the firmware and start over again.

Cheers,
Neal

Good news-Port80 STEALTH-modem reset and reconfigure did the trick. The cybergods move in strange and mysterious ways. Thanks again for taking the time to respond and help.

Cheers,
Neal