PopupSyncId4: cfp.exe - Application error

Hi!

This is my fist message on this forum and I take time to send my best greetings to everyone!

I’ve got a problem with CIS installed on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition: it works fine from the console, but when I log in with terminal server i get an application error popup titled ‘PopupSyncId4: cfp.exe - Application error’.

The details in the event viewer are:
Application Failure cfp.exe 3.9.11372.506 in msxml3.dll 8.100.1048.0 at offset 00014464

I checked and I can confirm that CIS is still working, I guess it is only a problem related to the system tray icon…

Is there someone who solved this problem?

Thanks a lot to everybody that will help me!

Bye,

Cinghiuz

I have similar problem at boot on XP.
I get an error “popupSyncId4: cfp.exe”
Do you have solved?
TY

Hi TY,

Unfortunately I didn’t solve the problem…

If you will find a solution I would appreciate if you could post it :slight_smile:

Cinghiuz

same here, yesterday installed CIS.

I am running Windos7 Home Premium.

Tried to reinstall CIS, it did not help, the Error showed up again.

The first Reboot after install there is no Error and the Task-Bary Icon was startet. At the second rebott after i installed CIS the folllowing Errormessage showed up again (sry its in german :slight_smile: )

PopupSyncId4: cfp.exe
Die Anweisung in 0xf62c5080 verweist aus Speicher 0x00000088 der Vorgang Read konnte nicht im Speicher durchgeführt werden.

anyone can help?

Tanks!

Hallo ch06
Ich hab auch die gleichen Probleme wie du :frowning:

welche Windows Version hat du genau ? 32Bit oder 64Bit !
ich hab die Home Premium in 64Bit am laufen, möglich das der Fehler nur unter 64Bit auftritt… :-
werde mal die tage Win7 32Bit Edition Installieren, bin neugierig ob der Fehler hier auch kommt…

Frohe Weihnachten und nen Guten Rutsch in neue Jahr :wink:
Merry Christmas and a Good new Year…

Sorry members, i speak only German.
its a Problem whit Windows7 64Bit Edition ??? i testing Windows 7 32Bit Edition.

lg
Lee-SiuLung

What version of CIS?

I am running Windos7 Home Premium.

Tried to reinstall CIS, it did not help, the Error showed up again.

Was CIS the first program you installed after the Windows install? Are you using the 32 bits of 64 bits version of Win 7?

The first Reboot after install there is no Error and the Task-Bary Icon was startet. At the second rebott after i installed CIS the folllowing Errormessage showed up again (sry its in german :) )

PopupSyncId4: cfp.exe
Die Anweisung in 0xf62c5080 verweist aus Speicher 0x00000088 der Vorgang Read konnte nicht im Speicher durchgeführt werden.

anyone can help?

Tanks!

Can you show a screenshot of the Defense + logs? They can be found under Defense —> Common Tasks → View Defense + alerts.

I’ve the same problem with W7 prof. 64 bits.

What to do?

And I have the same error message when I boot my pc.

I am using the latest version of Comodo IS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit < a clean installation.

The only task, which obviously produced this error, today logged by Defense+ is:

Application------------------------Action------------------------------Target
System32\WerFault.exe -> Trying to access memory -> Comodo Internet Security\cfp.exe

Any ideas?

I have the same problem on system startup.
Error: PopupSyncId4: cfp.exe 0xf757ce69
My configuration:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Comodo Internet Security 3.14.130099.587 Database virus version 3794

Before installing CIS 3, I completely disabled Windows Firewall and Defender with relatives services and turned off UAC in order to avoid conflicts between applications.
Screenshot >>> http://f.imagehost.org/0392/0xf757ce69.png
http://f.imagehost.org/0392/0xf757ce69.png

I had the same problem too with Win 7 64bit, this error message appeared when I installed update with Windows Defender, so try to turn off Windows Defender :wink:

Windows Defender is completely turned off, I have never used this malware protection and the relative service is stopped from the autorun.

I am using the latest version of Comodo IS and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I install the CIS on a clean System with the same Problem on system startup.

Any ideas? ??? ???

You got it to run on Server 2003? Seems like I tried that a while back and would not allow installation and its a 32 bit version of 2003. I’m using ClamWin and Windows Firewall for the server, grant it ClamWin doesn’t incorp a realtime scanner but it consumes less resources and I perform a weekly scan, usually thats enough on a stand alone pc/server if its not being used for regular surfing.

-Rob

This problem is still actual. I just installed Comodo IS and have the same issue after booting. I am using Win 7, 64bit with the latest installer of 64bit version of CIS. I can start it manually. Sometimes even then this error comes up.

Thanks for helping soon.

Regards,
Thorsten

Hi all.
I’m the next one with this kind of CFP.exe error (0x88) on system startup. But everything is OK when CFP.exe is launched as administrator (by the mouse right click menu).

Info:
Windows 7 Home premium 64bit
Comodo CIS 3.14.130099.587 (AV module not installed)

Thanks
B.

Never had this problem with windows 7 ultimate english but I switched recently to Finnish win 7 ultimate and now I’m getting this message on every startup. So maybe problem is related to window’s native language.

I’ve the same problem with Windows7 Home Premium 64 bits.
I have CIS 4.1 (firewall) in spanish
What´s “PopupSyncId4”
Do you have solved?
What to do?