Pop Ups Not Displaying Information

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

CPF is set to ask me each time IE, Firefox et al wants to access the internet. Last night and most of the morning when it would pop up it showed the IP address it was trying to connect to. Now it’s popping up and the pop up is blank except to say:

Application - has the IE or Firefox logo

Destination is blank

Security considerations only say safe but no other words appear.

Should I reinstall?

I think re-install is the cleanest way and quickest…

Melih

I think re-install is the cleanest way and quickest..

Melih

Melih,

That’s what I did and it works fine now. I’d run Housecall and once it was done the above started to happen. Something went awry after that use but all’s well with the new install.

If you can somehow reproduce, let us know how to do so that we cn fix if anything is wrong.

Thx,
Egemen

If you can somehow reproduce, let us know how to do so that we cn fix if anything is wrong.

Thx,
Egemen

Egemen,

I’m not sure how to do that. Here’s what happened in chronological order.

(Note - I was running ZA(Free), NOD32, CS, SPYBOT, AdAware, Ewido)

I did a clean uninstall of ZA.
Loaded CPF
I set it to offer me alerts when any program accessed the internet.
After a few hours I went to Trend-Micro to run housecall.
At the conclusion I restarted the computer
The subsequent pop-ups alerting me to GHS32 and IE, Firefox, et al. simply had the logo of the browser but no written information-the words were gone.

In addition when I re-intsalled CPF I didn’t need to put in another unlock key-apparently despite my removal of all the files on the hard disk and my attempts to remove registry entries it still didn’t need a new license with the new install.

However, the alerts began to display all of the information prior to running Housecall.