Poll: Version 2.3 or 2.4?

Since fixing my update issue, I can’t change my vote but i’ll go with 2.4 now, I like the tray icon and to be honest, no performance difference, better or worse which is exactly how I like it. :■■■■

Paul

2.4 for me
No problems further, and look at the memory usage…So low have never seen it before. :BNC

[attachment deleted by admin]

I believe I checked the option to allow users to change their votes when I made this poll. I have a “remove vote” option beside my choice in the poll. I don’t know if other voters have this as well. You should be able to change your vote probably if you click the remove vote option and vote again.

No problem here…2.4 Pro for me. No issues on the install or since :BNC

2.3 for me…pings in online games have gone up since the upgrade…also websites take longer to load…not sure why…I deleted the 2.3 install so I’m now using 2.4 (:AGY)

hopefully v3 will be much lighter…my main worry is all these requests for new features will make this firewall a huge hog…and ram/cpu usage will continue to go up along with my pings…

thanks in any case!

Jonathan

I have gone back to 2.4.5.111 beta, 2.4 had some issues on my machine. First one was the slow initialization when reboting, and I reboot quite alot (FirstdefenceISR snapshots) and I noticed cpf.exe grinded my harddrive. This is probably due to other security software, but the beta doesnt do that.

I am happy with the beta, even though it protects itself little bit too much when doing backups, but since it is easy to turn off its registry protection when making image or snapshot I can live with it.

I voted Comodo Firewall 2.4 here. No major problems as far as I can see, heck, none at all :slight_smile: !! (:KWL) Working fine, nice work COMODO Group !!

On the side note, I find that when it did ask for my approval on an Adobe action (I clicked on a PDF file to be opened on IE7, didn’t know it myself), I denied it, but it still loaded. That was the only flaw I saw, but it also happened to someone using Nero (it was on a post somewhere on Wilders Security). They said it was something to do with the Approved Safe Programs the COMODO scans for. I guess I am alright, since I do need Adobe for online accesses, so I corrected it into allow status.

Hello,

I voted for CPF 2.4 and think that it’s an excellant personal firewall and am very happy with it. I would also like to confirm the high CPU issue which crops up on occasion. This issue is evident on both of my systems.

hlb

Does anyone have a download link for v2.3? I’d like to try that before uninstalling Comodo Firewall to go with another one. v2.4 makes my laptop run too hot.

Thanks, soyabeaner,

I looked a little deeper and my CPU issue has gone down some, I’m still tracking things down, but the main culprit was that I’m on a LAN with a ton of &*^$#! NetBIOS traffic on it and it was logging around ten incoming netbios packets per second. Shutting down all logging helped so I put in a rule to drop & not log the netbios traffic and it helped a lot.

Now I’m off to ask in an appropriate thread about the “statefulness” of this firewall.

2.4 is more stable for sure. I used to have 3-4 BSOD-s a day with 2.3. With 2.4 i only have had about 4 BSODs since installing abt a week ago. Not good, but better :slight_smile:

About the much mentioned CPU problems - CPF is taking too much CPU in my opinion also. For example (somewhat silly, i know), i have to set to ‘Allow all’ to be able to play Quake3A while having some active torrents at the same time. I did not have that kind of problem with zonealarm. However, i can live with that. It’s the BSODs that i can-t take. Currently i have uninstalled CPF again.

I’ll keep testing the new versions for sure. There is great potential for a good firewall :wink:

Once updated to 2.4 version all internet traffic has been blocked (no way to use Browser, E-mail, FTP, Skype and so on…)

Tryed to solve the problem ckeching rules and settings, even making new fresh installation.

Downgraded to 2.3 an now all OK!

Been using 2.4 since it automatically downloaded and updated 2.3.6 Just today, I couldnt get to browse using firefox nor iexplorer. Restarted my notebook twice and still couldnt get any network activity. Prior to this, been having intermittent problems with my utorrent, outlook and browser network activities. It seems they get blocked for no reason at all. I would get back to my notebook at times to see that utorrent has no downloading activity at all. Once I uninstalled 2.4 (latest), everything worked again!

I got the 2.3.6 version here Download Comodo Internet Security 12.2.4.8032 for Windows - Filehippo.com I’ll be staying with this oldie until all kinks are ironed out with the new release.

Thanks to your post maxbynet, you saved me an argument with my 3g isp. : )