Plugins (Pepperflash) missing after upgrade from CD 46 to CD 49 [Merged]

I have been using slimjet for some time now I am very happy with it so far, you get updates on a regular basis. I just wish they had an android browser also since I spend maybe more time wit the mobile browser then PC these days

Apparently you are thinking of Flash Player using NPAPI (no longer supported), which was not sandboxed. Flash Player using PPAPI is sandboxed, whether it’s “external” or “internal”.

Thanks JoWa exactly true as I pointed out to solyaris242424 earlier in this topic, internal or external (PPAPI) have equal security. :-TU

Thanks.

Hi,
I agree with everything BattleMage has said and have been very patient (I think) with the loss of PepperFlash Player in Comodo Dragon. I have now upgraded to Version 49.13.20.400 (portable) and Pepperflash is still missing. Meaning that although it is in the folder …\Dragon\User Data\PepperFlash\21.0.0.242 Dragon cannot see or use it.
This is most annoying when taking Dragon for a ride on a USB (now ironicly named) flash drive to use on a computer that does not have flash installed on it.
I hope you can fix this issue soon.

With regards to the…
“Quote from: captainsticks on March 24, 2016, 12:26:25 AM
Hi Guys,
You can’t please everyone, we had some members wanting Flash excluded…”

Those people have the option of not installing Flash and also not creating the correct folder and renaming the flashplayer dll. If they have Flash player installed on their computer and want it for any other reason, they also have the option of disabling the plugin in Dragon when not wanted.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Updated to CD Version 50.14.22.465 (portable) today. Pepperflash is still missing. Disappointing.

Hi Guys,
I still don’t see any issue with the system having PPAPI (PepperFlash) Flash installed instead, the portable version will utilise it.

Kind regards.

Hi captainsticks,

Thank you for your reply.
The issue I have is the computer I use most often is shared and the owner refuses to have any version of Flash installed. This was fine when Dragon could see and utilize the pepperflash folder.
By the way, why is there a pepperflash folder if it is not going to be of any use?

I hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Hi zarniwoopz,
I understand, but maybe if we can’t convince Comodo we might have to convince/educate your friend that it is safe to have PPAPI Flash on the system. :wink:

By the way, why is there a pepperflash folder if it is not going to be of any use?
Not to sure why (Maybe remnants from Chromium being prepared for Chrome), sorry.

Kind regards.

Have they gotten anywhere with fixing this yet? I have seen no sign of the PPAPI Flash Player working yet. I have to reinstall it every time I restart my computer with Comodo Dragon, and the same with Chromodo.

I don’t think I even receive a banner at the top asking if I want to install PPAPI anymore after the new updates.

It certainly isn’t fixed on my system unless I am doing something wrong.

I hate to sound dumb, but what is meant by internal and external installations of Flash? I can understand Flash being built-in to a browser, but I have only ever been able to find one type of PPAPI to install.

I like Comodo Dragon and Chromodo, but it’s barely usable without a functioning Flash Player. Neither want to recognize an install after a simple restart. I don’t leave my computer on all the time.

Hi MurderHeWrote,
Some browser such as Chrome for example include PPAPI Flash with there installations.
Comodos (Chromium based) browsers do not, they use a system installed version of PPAPI Flash (External).

PPAPI Flash should only need to be installed on the system once, not every time you restart the system.

If the below instructions fail, then we will have to look further into what is causing the issue.

Thanks.

I tried the offline installer and it disappeared again after a restart.

The other versions one I have tried many times before using those instructions.

I have Windows 8.

What should we try next?

Hi MurderHeWrote,
Does Flash disappear from the system or only from Dragon?
Check Windows ‘Programs and Features’ to see if PPAPI Flash is still installed.
If it is installed on the system check Dragons plugin page.
chrome://plugins
You can also check the following link to see if it installed in your browser?
https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

Have you previously added any command line switches to Dragons shortcut?
chrome://version

Thanks.

Does Flash disappear from the system or only from Dragon? Check Windows 'Programs and Features' to see if PPAPI Flash is still installed.

According to the Programs & Features, Adobe Flash Player 22 PPAPI is installed.

If it is installed on the system check Dragons plugin page. chrome://plugins

The only plugin that shows up in chrome://plugins is Chromium PDF Viewer. I ran the offline installer and then Adobe Flash Player - Version: 22.0.0.192 - Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0 appeared in the list. After every computer restart, it disappears again.

You can also check the following link to see if it installed in your browser? https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about

I checked the link and got a Flash box saying I needed to install Flash Player first. The yellow banner appeared at the top with the offer to install Flash Player, which I did. After restarting the browser, the Flash box gave the version number.

Have you previously added any command line switches to Dragons shortcut? chrome://version

That’s one thing I have no clue how to use, so I never touch it.

Hi MurderHeWrote,
Sorry I am not sure what is happening.
I would try a clean install of Flash.

1. Save the following uninstaller to a convenient location.
  2. Close all browsers and run the uninstaller.
  3. Re-install the Flash plugins.
    Note: This uninstaller will remove both the NPAPI and PPAPI versions, but it will not remove the ActiveX version used by Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer.
    Direct download est 1.14 MB:
    https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Kind regards.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work either.

Is no one else having this problem? It can’t be an isolated incidence. My problem started at the same time everyone else’s did.

I think it has something to do with Comodo Dragon, Chromodo, and Ice Dragon.

Someone must have some idea of what to check or tweak that does not involve uninstalling or installing Flash Player. Something is obviously interfering with each browser’s ability to detect Flash Player.

Could it have something to do with Comodo Antivirus or Firewall?

I uninstalled Comodo Dragon and any Flashplayer software I had. I then went into regedit and deleted all references to “Flashplayer” and “Comodo Dragon” that I could find.

I then located a copy of Comodo Dragon 46 and installed it as well as Flashplayer.

For now, the Flashplayer is remaining installed, but I am too nervous to try installing the latest Dragon for fear of the same thing happening again.

Hi MurderHeWrote,
You could try the latest version using the portable installation option.
The portable is independent from the installed version.
Downloading and Installing Comodo Dragon-Comodo Help

Kind regards.