(PLEASE show your SUPPORT and vote here!!) Personal firewall voting sites

:slight_smile:

Melih

I am not impressed so farā€¦I have not been able to get my system to the login screen since I installed. Neither normal mode or safe mode boots unless you leave it for a couple hours.

I went and added a note about that, noticed a few other people had as well
but it doesnā€™t look as though they are taking noticeā€¦
Iā€™m ā€œViewer_02ā€ if they leave my postā€¦

Stephen/SR386

And ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ ::slight_smile:

Try Softpedia.com (I think ā€¦ ?) also. The interface on the site is a little bit crowded, but itā€™s still a good site for finding a horde of programs (even for other OSs, too !!). I use that before I go to download.com.

Iā€™ll link the site here: www.softpedia.com [Just so you know, thats the main site, the buttons near the top redirect you to the OS specified pages.]

Iā€™ve mentioned Comodo and this product many times on http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

A very popular Australian Broadband siteā€¦ (:CLP)

Thanks Arkava :slight_smile:

Pls keep it going!

Melih

hi 2 Comodo team i will tell others on you wonderfull work (:CLP) (:KWL)iv downloaded & its working great (B)
jim5

(L)

I am absolutly delighted with this firewall and to promote Comodo I put a footer to all my emails and I posted about it on all my groups.

Bravo and thank you, thank you, thank you.

(:CLP) (:LOV) (B)

Comodo Firewall Pro | FileForum (thats where iā€™ve found CPF, when i was looking for new firewall, after some compability problems with Kerio)
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Comodo-Personal-Firewall.shtml (already mentioned by Happy-Dude)

http://www.matousec.com/info/poll-archive.php?poll=1&more=1

This is mentioned above. CPF is listed and I voted for CPF and Sygate.

I tried to give a full mark rating at download.com but as soon as I did that I was linked to a page to register. I dislike download.com and refuse to register with them.

A cool software website is run by Romanians, in the English language.

I voted CPF as ā€œexcellentā€.

I am a member at softpedia. They are so much better than download.com

I think word of mouth is best but there is a big stumbling block with the forced registration. I canā€™t just share your firewall. I need to also give them my registration code or get them to register, which is really meaningless and it is statistically flawed.

The registration should be optional. That is holding CFP back in my view.

Also where you have ā€œNewsā€, I think ā€œNews at Comodo Forumā€ would be more accurate. Then you can have a clear but not intrusive ā€œlearning about Comodo business modelsā€ thread. If people are interested or curious, they will read on.

Just some thoughts.

(:WAV)

I will. I Ā“m really impressed by CPF.

I used to be with Sygate until they were no longer around. As a free download I think this is an excellent program, a lot more effecient than programs that are already out there that cost.
I got on to your programme via PCUser - Australia ( very good magazine )
Keep up the excellent work
Cheers (:WAV)

I was also a sygate user and have also tried most of the firewalls
on the market at one point or another and I have to say that I
am impressed with Comodo PF and will look forward to seeing how it develops
in the future.

I have voted in the sites listed in this thread and will continue to vote
on sites that I come across.

Hereā€™s one if you havenā€™t already voted.

http://www.softhypermarket.com/Comodo-Firewall-download_45421.html

Cheers, and keep up the great work Melih !

airmale. (R)

Thanks Airmale. (:WIN)

Melih

Voting: Done! (V)

I saw posts/votes from other familiar names, too. (:CLP)

I really think your products are great, and appreciate you listening/responding to your users. I donā€™t know that Iā€™ve ever seen this kind of response/interaction from software companies before.

LM

Thanks Little Macā€¦
We hope to innovate in many ways, including making our users part of our company and development process! Afterall, who do we develop these products if not for our users :wink:

Melih

Voted on all sites for CPF (:LOV)

Thank you Rav009

Melih

Hi all,

Melih, many thanx to you & your development team for CFW. I saw reviews on cnet-au & softpedia, if i remember correctly, as well as discussion in another siteā€™s forum, so decided to flick ZA Pro & give it a try. As a firewall config-challenged user, i find fine-tuning these apps daunting to say the least but installed it & tried to make some custom rules, (yes, i read several of the Help threads but nothing seems to compute in my head ???), which completely blew my ADSL connection away! This was last nite (oz-time), so i conceded temporary defeat until today, when i decided my best course of action was to uninstall CFW, run ccleaner, reboot & reinstall using default settings - the only mod i made was to uncheck the option in the Advanced>Miscellaneous tab for CFW not to show alerts for CFW-certified programs. Feeling very pleased with myself now coz allā€™s running beautifully & i have no compatibility issues at all with Avast!.

Iā€™ve read in some user-reviews where theyā€™ve had problems uninstalling CFW & other horror stories but i experienced no such hassles with this current version. I also donā€™t have any service packs on my XP system, although i donā€™t know if thatā€™s relevant or notā€¦

Also received a PASS in EVERY ShieldsUp test at GRC earlier - according to their results, iā€™m fully stealthed.

One of the sites i tried to vote at refused because the poll was too old - no posts for 2 weeks, so iā€™ll just do so at any other site where applicable. Looked for the relevant thread at www.whirlpool.net.au (mentioned in a post by Arkava), couldnā€™t find it but found instead a thread entitled ā€˜Possible to not receive any junk mail?ā€™ http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=628194, so used the opportunity to post a link to your AntiSpam Desktop app, whilst still managing to give CFW a plug (poster ID ā€˜bushgirl-saā€™)! Gotta start somewhere, hey? :wink:

Anyway, thx again & cheers,

braindrained (R)