Please advise

Hi all,

I hope you are all well, I am new to Comodo as this is only my 5th post here.
I would like to come back to Comodo but I have concerns and some questions, please could you kindly give me your valuable advice thank you in advance… :slight_smile:

My Operating System is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit the questions and I have are as follows:

I recently watched a youtube video of CIS 6 and I am very impressed, however I have concerns about the number of false positives, how will I know for sure if Comodo does detect anything if it is a false positive or not?

1. What is the best way to set up CIS FREE for the best possible and maxium protection?

2. I would also like to know what personal information and personal data is collected during installation?

3. Who sees the personal information and data collected and what happens to it?

Thanks again for all your help and advice, I really appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

newcomerD :slight_smile: ;D

Hi!
I can answer to some extent:
2. Use Chiron’s guide. IDK why it’s called “How to Install Comodo Firewall” as it’s guide for full CIS.

3,4 Personal info - AFAIK no collecting of it. Why do you think it’s collected?

Hello! I have the same OS as you :slight_smile:

Well you get FP with any product and by default Comodo AV set to quarantine threats but I recommend to disable this auto-setting and use the manual handling of AV (so you will see the AV alert and you the one who will make the final decision if it’s FP or not). Also Comodo AV has reduced FP by a great deal in the recent years. Also check Virus Total and Comodo Valkyrie to help you decide if it’s FP or not.

The best way to set up CIS: High quality HDMI cables in comparison - Gizmo's Best

Regarding personal info read the privacy statement when you install Comodo.

Hi Solarlynx,

Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it.
I thought Personal info was collected to help Comodo that is all.

Thanks again.

newcomerD :slight_smile:

I would recommend to use a free scanner like malwarebytes and emsisoft free for a second opinion in case of “detection”.

If you dont want comodo to send files (which may contain personal/own/unknown files), you should disable the cloud functions.

However, note that doing so would greatly decrease the usability and protection of CIS.

Although certain types of files are sent to Comodo, my understanding is that none of it is personally identifiable. It cannot be linked back to you.