Playing with and exploring CIS 6882 and 7036

à > Nunzio
Sorry, but I can’t understand your fault with CIS ?
I did this:
-Download malware
-CIS blocks the unknown file and automatically confines it
-The CIS parameters are in the attached image
-The event log shows actions
CIS is well operational in defense HIPS-PROACTIVE-CONFINEMENT everything is OK
Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 18363.815
CIS Pro v.12.2.2.7036

I was referring to the fact that with the 6882 version everything worked properly, perhaps with the HIPS active I made the wrong choice. Ok for this problem with HIPS.
The problem is after uninstalling the 6882, the new version on my PC conflicts with the Windows security center, antivirus and firewall are not detected and are seen as disabled and Windowd Defender antivirus remains active with AV of Comodo.
Apparently, from what I read it’s a problem with my PC (it also does it on another PC of my sister).
If I deactivate and reactivate a component from the COMODO console, the CIS status icon remains with the X despite having all the components active … strange.
With Kaspersky I have no problem everything works smoothly.
I don’t doubt that it could be a problem with my PC, but I simply uninstalled and reinstalled another version of CIS. Then the problem arises only with Comodo.
This is my experience with the new release, that’s all. :slight_smile:

Ok Nunzio,
For information, during the upgrade 6882> 7036 I simply uninstalled CIS by the Add / Remove programs panel Windows configuration menu then restart the PC
As far as Windows is concerned, it must be ensured that the latter is clean, that is to say integrate if necessary repair the image by commands under CMD in administrator mode.

SFC /scannow
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

CIS needs Windows integrity to work well

Edit: Please note that Kasperky does not block Comodo Removal tool for Kaspersky applications (kavremover)

Ok thank you very much for this information.
I’ll try again with this indication you gave me.
Otherwise I was thinking of reinstalling the 6882 (since I had no problems with this) and then waiting for the automatic update.
I like COMFORTABLE all this bothers me even though I know it’s just a graphic thing, but I prefer that everything works regularly. :slight_smile: :wink:

Hi ZorKas,
thanks for the valuable tips, I did the tests you suggested and the scan tests were all positive. The repair of CIS 7036 was also successful.
But after doing all this the problem has not been resolved.
So I uninstalled the CIS 7036 and reinstalled the CIS 6882.
Everything works correctly with the CIS 6882 (see attachment). ;D :-TU :-TU
The antivirus and the COMODO firewall are recognized and activated.
So in my opinion there is something in the CIS 7036 that creates this problem on my PC.

So in your opinion I wait for the automatic update from 6882 to 7036 or is there a way to update it to 7036 by doing an on-line or off-line installation to check if the 7036 also works with the update on the previous version?

Thanks. :wink:

EricJH,
I thought of posting it here because however it is my experience with the v12.2.2.7036 version that still after several attempts creates problems with the windows security service which instead does not create the 6882 version.
Sorry if maybe I was wrong to insert the post, but I just wanted to report this problem that I have with the v12.2.2.7036.
Maybe it’s just a problem with my PC only with this version? Strange … I will be the only one to have this problem.
I went back to 6882 and will wait for the automatic update, hoping that it will solve the problem.

Hi!

Hi Nunzio,

Personally, I always installed offline (if the software is available) after uninstalling the old version, taking care to export the configuration before

Hello NDABBRU,

We will check those issue,Please let me have some detailed info of that issues Please?
Have a nice day!

Thanks in advance,
PD

Thanks Dharshu,
i sent you a private message with the details.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks. :wink: :-TU

Hello NDABBRU,

Thank you for your response.Yes I got your logs and we are checking in it.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello NDABBRU,

Could you Please check your inbox via PM.As per CIS Dev team,It’s fixed and it should be reflected in the upcoming release.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD

When will the next version be?
Possibly improve compatibility with Windows 10 32 bit.

And I guess with Windows 7 32-bit as well.

Hello NDABBRU,

As of now we don’t have answer for this.Let me discuss with team then notify you.

@ NDABBRU & @CISfan
Possibly improve compatibility with Windows 10 32 bit/Win 7 32 bit - Sure I had discussed with my CIS dev team for this.

Thanks!
I await the feedback.

Hi Dharshu,
do you have updates? :slight_smile:

Why don’t you release a new version with this patch that fixes problems with 32bit systems before the official release of automatic updates on the various customers?
So you would save yourself many problems on users who have the 32bit version and who will then leave Comodo.
It would be a shame for a patch, which in my opinion would solve the problems. :wink:
I like Comodo so much and I’m sorry I can’t use the latest version. :slight_smile:

Hello NDABBRU,

We can understand our CIS user and we will definitely concern their wishes & queries.I had discussed with my team and i’m awaiting for their replies.
Once the final discussion made,let me notify you.

For the Windows security issue : Please check your inbox via PM,if you need further more clarifications Please don’t hesitate to ping us.

Have a nice day!
PD

Thanks! :slight_smile: :wink:

For now I have abandoned CIS. :-\
I am using other security software.
COMODO appears to be abandoning CIS as well, as it did with excellent CCAV and COS.
I have not noticed additional and innovative features even in the latest versions, not to mention the various bugs still present.
I hope COMODO will make me change my mind with a new version of CIS renewed and with other features besides preserving the basic ones that it already has.

You are as frustrated as are numerous other members, but we are well aware of your opinions. There is no need or useful purpose in continuing to post in the release topis for 7036, when you are not even using it. You have been told once, so please refrain from other postings there in the same manner.