Phantasy Star Online 2 Containment

Been using Comodo for over a decade, fairly familiar with how it works.

Anyway, here it is:

Phantasy Star Online 2 PC launch, via windows store. Installed on a HDD. Ran the game. Not contained. Moved to a SSD using windows apps move. Ran the game. Not contained.

FOUND THE ENTIRE INSTALL IN VTROOT FOLDER.

I literally have no idea how comodo detected this and contained it. But there you go.

Did not see a border around the exe when I was running it, and it chewed up 70gb of ssd space till someone pointed out that what I was seeing in VTROOT was a containment copy.

Also like to point out that a perfectly running install was located in program files/modifiablewindowsapps

Hello NullElement,

Thank you for reporting.We will check this issue and update you.
Have a nice day!

You need to review the containment logs.

Attached logs. I did use a program to overwrite permissions on a directory so that I could rename a few files. It did trigger containment. Is that the cause? RE 2020-06-04 04:03:25 downwards.

You ran powershell commands from command prompt, which triggered embedded code detection that turned them into a powershell script file, which was then auto-contained, and then all modifications where performed within the containment which caused a copy of all modified files/folders to be found in vtroot folder. Just run reset container to clean out the containment.

Have done so and worked fine. Phantasy Star Online 2 also runs fine. Something to keep an eye out for in the future if I need to change any of the permissions again, thanks!