- What you did: I left the PC on overnight so that the weekly scan could run.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: In the morning I saw a dialog box that said “OOPS, you have discovered a bug in CIS” When I try to send the bug report, I get a second dialog telling me that it was unable to send the bug report. Winows XP cannot shutdown or restart using the normal “Turn off the computer” choices; I have to hold down the power button to make the PC shutdown.
- What you expected to happen or see: a normal scan report with issues or an empty desktop
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: I have run the comodo diagnostics, no trouble found.
- If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: unknown
- Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link:
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: This has happened several times in the past, and I have sent emails about it, but have not reported it via a bug report. No one has ever responded to those emails. I have scanned for the text “Oops you have discovered a bug” to see if anyone else has reported this bug and got “no results”, yet in looking at some posts in the forum titled “crashes” I found at least one other mention of the same issue, with the only response being a “file it in the right format.” All that I need to do is leave the PC on overnight, and sometimes it fails.
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): It always happens when the PC is left on overnight, but not every time that the PC is left on overnight. In this last case, I had started it expecting to do some work, but did not, so the only thing that should have happened was that CIS initiated the weekly complete scan at 12:00 AM Sunday my time. From the logs, I am not sure that the scan completed, but I don’t think so because there is no results message.
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: Not available. Whenever this happens, the PC is only partially operable, some things work, some don’t.
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List: Attached exports of the files for the month of April instead.
- A CIS config report or file. attached
- Crash or freeze dump file: I have attached all of the dump files in the CIS Dump folder.
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:5.3.181415.1237 AV 8461 ?
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: no
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: no
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: As far as I know I AM using a standard config, since I don’t know what a “config” is and you don’t explain it anywhere I can find. When I look at “configuration” under the Comodo system tray icon, the check mark is at firewall security and the entire line is greyed out.
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): no
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= safe, Sandbox= disabled, Firewall = safe, AV = stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:XP Media Center; SP3; 32 bit; this is XP, no UAC settings; administrator
- Other security and utility software installed: no other except windows firewall
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): none
[attachment deleted by admin]