PC Security Labs July Test

exactly I did use malware samples that are prevalent in north america and I’m sure that did not help Jiangmin but at the same time I am not a testing organization. Also if you read the other tests they offer, PC security Labs even makes special tests with malware specifically selected from the chinese market.

Like I don’t know this :o

China Region Malware Test (2010 May) By Jeffrey Published: 2010.05.15 Print

China Region Malware Test (2010 May)

Chinese Report:Click to download

English Report:Click to download

PCHOME Report:http://article.pchome.net/content-1116841.html

So in the end I guess you have no clue what you are talking about. It is apparent that you have no clue about the malware world and how it is spread through out the world. How about leaving this to the big boys who know what they are talking about.

Well then please correct your previous statement when you said that Jiangmin did bad when you so call tested it since your samples were not representatives of all geographical locations. Again to paraphrase you, had you used Asian samples Jiangmin would probably did great.

Yes it true that you are NOT a testing organization; however, you sure gave advice. For example: I’m not recommending product abc right now… Product wxyz needs to improve blah, blah, blah…

Peace.

Hi MetalShaun,

Every testing organization has it’s own views and methodologies and same is the case with PCSL.
Rules are the same for all products. They have their methods and we respect those fully.

Thanks
-umesh

yes I give advice on you tube. And based on my stats over 95% of my viewers are from North America and Europe, so my advice is directly aimed at me. So for those users and the malware they encounter products based out of a different market will not work as well for them.

Of course the testing groups should be able to understant it, but maybe a clarification in the help files or something like "how comodo sandbox is different from other sandboxes".

It’s not Comodo’s fault but if just improving the documentation or creating a special document in the help files addressed to people with testing purposes this kind of issues can be avoided, at least comodo should try to do it, it’s fast and easy to do.

+100
i think that is a great suggestion. many people still dont know how the comodo sandbox actually works. it would be great if comodo added a detailed description in the help file and/or on the forums about how the sandbox works

Hi,

As i have concluded with Jeffrey, in case a sandbox application is able to drop files outside sandbox, they consider it infection. That’s the rule they follow, we may have our definition of infection but they have their point of view and that’s how they have measured against all products.

So it was not the case that they found malware which by passed sandbox and persisted upon re-start and was active, it’s simply dropping of files outside Sandbox irrespective of folder type was considered failure.

Thanks
-umesh

I wonder why Avast! was not one of the ones tested.

I was sure of that, thanks for the info. So basically they tested the CIS sandbox as a regular sandbox.

I read the reply on Wilders and to me, it seems like PCSL was saying that the malware renamed some files.

My question is, if a malware can drop something out of the Sandbox, can it drop an exe file to the Downloads folder and a user will think they downloaded it and try to install it?

By the way, reading the part on what a Sandbox is, “Comodo Jail” sounds really cool if you want to change the name from “Comodo Sandbox”. :smiley: Jail has a sound that seems inescapable, where a sandbox sounds like the kitties can get out when they are done with their business. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: /joking

It’s probably best to ask Avast! this. :slight_smile:

This is a great idea!

The prisoner can appeal to the cloud and be released automatically if found not guilty.

Or if the user is sure he is innocent he can move him to safety.

Easy for beginners to understand.

Sorry for the !ot!

Melih hello. To win Symantec, the strong “army” is necessary. :wink: It is possible to attach, to “regular army” of regular employees, “isolated guerrilla groups”, and good “communication and coordination”, on similarity discussed in this topic. :slight_smile:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/poll-takes-care-comodo-about-the-wishlist-t60685.0.html

Successes in work to all employees Comodo, and yes… “Successful mission accomplished” ;D I hope a “victory” will be for you.

Alex

Yes, the people is telling you (Comodo) what they want here:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-5-beta-wishlist-t60084.0.html
and if you take a look many wishes are very easy to implement and the people apreciate a lot add this kind of things.
At least I hope that somebody from Comodo collect all the wishes for a future.

I think wasn’t present, as though they (Comodo) didn’t want it… At such structure when all wishes mix up in one heap, it is difficult for achieving. If each offer went on voting it would be very simple to place priorities.

With the best regards, Alex.

I didn’t think of that. That’s true though. It’s a good analogy. In Jail, a program is very restricted. Maybe that could be the ultimate sandbox setting. A user can choose to jail unknown apps where absolutely nothing gets out, like in a sandbox, where sometimes stuff can be saved to a non-protected folder. :slight_smile:

Excuse, a hothead, you never reflected that for example some payment systems are extended in some regions and malware will be concentrated to them is by itself so it turns out, and then expands on all Internet. Both of you are right, simply speak about a miscellaneous - so it is not necessary to swear… :slight_smile:

Alex.

so it is not necessary to swear… :slight_smile:

Alex.
[/quote]
Tell me who was swearing here?

Peace.

what about a new feature in comodo:
When the sandboxed program has been closed a popup appears asking if you want to see/delete/send to the Cloud/Sent to VT all the files created by the program.

I think you force conditions, the stumbling-block was in regional distribution malware - I have explained why languy99 the rights.

Peace to you too.

I do not understand your point of view since it was languy99 who stated that Asian malware can be contained in Asia. My whole point against his argument was and still is that malware do not have any borders. Hence, malware CANNOT be contained regionally. Once malware are distributed they immediately become “equal opportunity infection.” Geographical locations are are irrelevant.

Please read or even re-read my previous posts on the subject in order to have a better idea of my own point of view.

Peace.