PC lagging with "Defense+ Security" enabled

I dont think I’ve changed my settings with CIS over the course of the last 2 or 3 months, or however long its been since the new CIS was available for download. Suddenly 2 or 3 days ago I noticed that when saving anything, archived files, pictures, etc from the internet (browsers dont matter - I’ve tried Firefox, Opera, and IE) but there will be a heavy hang time. Firefox usually says “not responding” and after 15 seconds or so the file finally downloads. I’ve also noticed that my Windows folders hang quite a bit as well. So after a full virus scan/malware scan with nothing harmful detected, I decided to start playing with CIS options. Turns out the Defense+ mode, when disabled, frees up EVERYTHING allowing me to work as smoothly as I did just a few days ago. I checked to see if things were blocked, and as far as I know, there is nothing. The pending list is clean. I’m not sure what else to look for to change to get this working properly again.

I’m running Windows 7 64bit if that helps with anything.

Thanks in advance

Actually … I’m going to have to update. It was working fine with it disabled, and now when saving files from the paint application, its lagging again. But cleared up when I disabled the antivirus.

Is your AV set to Stateful? Then try setting it to On Access. The parsing of the stafeful inspection setting can make things slower sometimes.

Other then that there may have gone something wrong with the av update. To see if that plays a role donwload the latest available full av database and update it. Follow Where can i download the latest full AV database? to do so and report back.