Password upon uninstallation

1. What actually happened or you saw:
If I flag “protect settings with password” and set the password, CIS/CCAV/CAV will request password upon disabling components or entering in settings BUT not if I uninstall the program.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I can easily uninstall the program, even if its settings are password protected, thus the password is useless since I can uninstall it and bypass the whole mechanism

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Because CIS/CAV/CCAV could be installed in attacked and sensible enviroments and it happened exaclty 3 days ago that a ■■■■■■■, using a remote desktop attack, easily uninstalled CIS even if it was password protected and he executed his phobos ransomware without any difficulty because the system was left unprotected.

4. Any other information:
I can use a third parties application to block uninstallations or tweaking registry but I think that the password request upon uninstallation it’s a must have option.

protect msi installer from comodo internet security is enough or create password for uninstaller, but would be useful

I bet this mechanism already exists in Comodo Endpoint Protection, to protect the agent from uninstallation.
Would be very good to have it built into CIS/CCAV/CAV

It’s these kind of suggestions that help us keep improving. I have brought it to developers notice, they will decide on the best way for implementing it.

Thank you! That’s great to hear