A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- What actually happened or U actually saw: Password settings ignored and bypassed.
- If not obvious, what U expected to happen or see: I expected to see a prompt for the password.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:Yes reliably.
- If you can, precise steps to reproduce it. If not say what you did before it happened:
- Enable password protection.
- Have the widget set to show.
- Password protection is bypassed when you click on applications running in sandbox from the widget (Screenshot).
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:N/A
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, exact version, & download link:N/A.
- Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:My guess is a design flaw.
- Always attach: Diagnostics file, Killswitch processes, dump (if freeze/crash). If complex: CIS logs & config, screenshots, video.
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same from issue to issue, users can copy forward)
[ol]- CIS version & configuration:V6.0.264710.2708, proactive.
- Modules enabled & level. Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:CIS proactive defaults.
- Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:Yes, only from V6.0.260739.2674.
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:No but I will, only if necessary.
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:No.
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:N/A.
[/li]- Have U made any other major changes to the default config? (egs here.):No.
- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & virtual machine used :Win 7, No SP, 32Bit, UAC off, Admin, No VM.
- Other security & sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since last OS install:Previous versions of CIS.
[attachment deleted by admin]