Parse IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses Without Leading Zeros

1. What actually happened or you saw:
You need to use leading zeros on an IP address in order for the CIS firewall to parse an IPv4/IPv6 address correctly. It doesn’t care if you have or do not have the correct formatting (symbols) for the address.
Moreover, we are displayed a leading-zero filled address when viewing an entry with the pop-up box.
Finally, we are unable to copy selected addresses from the pop-up box.

This is a problem dealing with how your program parses strings.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I want the CIS firewall to parse IPv4 and IPv6 addresses correctly. All you need to do is recognize the symbols correctly INSTEAD OF depending on leading zeros.
For example:
If I copy 127.0.0.1 to my clipboard and then try to add an IPv4 address to my network zone by pasting that IP in, it treats it as “127.001”, resulting in “127.001.000.000”. This is absolutely ridiculous. Have your engine parse IPv4 and IPv6 strings correctly by separating the segments when the correct symbol is provided.
Moreover, I cannot even copy a selected address in COMODO (perhaps I want to ping an address for a specific network zone IPv4 address to see if it works). If you do include this functionality, please do not include the leading zeros and INCLUDE the essential symbols (in the case of IPv4, dots) so that “127.000.000.001” is correctly copied as “127.0.0.1”

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Because almost every other program out there does it this way; it is the correct way to parse an address.

4. Any other information:
I’m surprised this is even a thing.
I’m guessing you have the same problem with MAC addresses and other addresses as well.

It’s a known issue.

I will move this one to “Added/Rejected Wishes” section.
Thank you.