PaperPort 11.2 Will Not Run When Comodo Firewall Installed

I have been trying to finish the configuration of a new Sony notebook PC. It is running Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1. I am using a current copy of AVG, Spyblaster, and Comodo Firewall. UAC is turned off. SafeSurf was not installed.

Three days ago I got far enough along to risk installing and activating a copy of Nuance PaperPort 11.2 Std (11.2.0.330). It worked just fine - until yesterday. PP would no longer run. Clicking on the PP icon or the exe file resulted in no window opening. “pp40nt.exe*32” showed up in the Windows Task Manager Process list - but that is all. The solution to this puzzler was that after installing and testing PP there was an update to the Comodo Firewall (3.10.102194.530). I tried disabling Comodo Firewall and Defense+, which did no good. I tried stopping the Comodo Helper Service, which did no good. I tried other resolutions, such as turning off AVG, changing PP program compatibility settings, etc. Only uninstalling Comodo allowed PP to run. So I am, for now, using the Windows firewall.

I would still like to use the Comodo Firewall, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to allow PP to run under a current version of Comodo please let me know.

Thanks, Bob

Hi,
Would request you to check after adding the application to image execution control exclusion list and update us

Hi Bob

First, please make sure you using the latest version of Comodo Internet Security: COMODO Internet Security 3.10.102363.531
Secondly, We are now collecting bugs in one place now: COMODO Internet Security 3.10 Bug Report Thread

COMODO Internet Security 3.10 is the last version of the “version 3 series” of both the Firewall, Antivirus, Defense+ and the other technologies. To simplify; This is the last CIS version before COMODO Internet Security 4.0. ANY bugs existing with COMODO Internet Security 3.10.xxx needs to be posted in the above bug reporting thread, This way developers can fix any issues in CIS v4.0 that replicate in CIS v3.10 and make sure they don’t exist in CIS 4.0, and have all these bugs in one place right here. IF However an emergency fix needs to be made, Then it will be fixed in a 3.10 build BEFORE 4.0. Developers are watching the thread closely.

Please post full bug reports details in the thread so developers don’t miss anything. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Josh

Thanks to napsterz and 3xist for replying.

I no longer have .530 so I can’t run the control exclusion test, but I believe I did try that before uninstalling Comodo.

I just installed Comodo Firewall 3.10.102363.531 and am pleased to report that PaperPort 11.2 is now running.

Bob

Happy to hear that the issue had been resolved :slight_smile: … :-TU