Hi all. Im a noob! I just started using Comodo firewall and I have a bit of a problem… I keep getting page cannot be displayed messages for about half my websites I think it has to do with ports and all that, but I’m a real noob and have no idea what to do. Help! Please!
As far as I know I have not blocked anything. My logs show loads of medium severity stuff… reporter network moinitor, inbound policy violation access denied. under network control rules it has an ip in/out block and log. don’t know if im making any sense (:TNG) your help is much appreciated!
Maybe it’s conflicting with another security program?
The logs could say something, but i can’t tell from your pics. See here how to bring them here in full:
1. Open CFP to full screen
2. Select Activity/Logs
3. With the mouse, right click anywhere in the main window
4. From the context menu select 'Clear all Logs'
5. Restart CFP or Reboot
5. If necessary run the problem application
6. In CFP Select Activity/Logs
7. Right Click in the Log window
8. Select 'Export to HTML'
9. Save the file with a sensible name
10. Open the file in a HTML/text editor
11. Modify your external IP Address if shown in the logs (See Note)
12. Save the file as HTML (don't change the format to plain text)
13. zip/rar the file and post on the forum
Note: When posting log details on the forum, it’s possible they may contain references you your external IP Address. (The IP Address shown in the bottom right of your forum post) In consideration of the privacy issues related to this, we ask you to modify any reference to your external IP Address in the log, using the following example:
Your Address: 123.245.789.123
Modified Address: x.x.x.123
I had a similar problem with one of my browsers. It was caused by the fact that I still had the Zone Alarm program on my drive. Even though I wasn’t running it on startup, apparently some of it was loading and causing theproblem. Once I uninstalled it, everything was OK. Good luck! frayat