Packet delay/buffering when using telnet?

I use telnet to configure a device attached to my local network. The response to keystrokes is slow (I type a few characters, wait, and then they appear). Comodo appears to buffer the characters that I type, pause, and then transmit them (or perhaps buffer the returned characters from the device).
The delay/buffering does not go away unless I uninstall Comodo. Simply disabling Comodo does not prevent the delay either.
Is there some configuration that will help with this?

First guess. Does the Telnet client get sandboxed? Look in the D+ logs. They are under Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + Events. When it gets sandboxed then you should see an entry of the Telnet client in My Pending Files. Move it to My Own Safe Files and see what happens.

No entries for Telnet in the Defense+ Event Log.
Nothing in ‘My Pending Files’.

Do the firewall logs bring anything to light? They are in Firewall → Common Tasks → View Firewall Events.

What happens when you disable the Firewall? Does that “solve” it.

What happens when you permanently disable D+ (requires a restart)? That can be done under Defense + → Advanced → Defense + Behaviour Settings → enable “Deactivate Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart)” . Now see what happens.

I am asking to disable to see if the firewall of D+ is causing the problem.

Nothing in the firewall logs. Telnet is working, it is just delayed or buffered somehow.
Sadly, “Deactivating Defense+ permanently” did not change the behavior.