override frame blocking

Whist it’s nice to be warned that a frame contains insecure content I can’t seem to find anyway to override the warning and access the “insecure” content ???

This causes a problem for some systems such as web host manager, since it appears to break them completely.

I do understand that CD is aimed at being a security orientated browser but at the end of the day just sometimes people either want or need to access “insecure content” so please implement an over-ride option.

Unless of course it’s already there and I’ve just missed it which is entirely possible :-\

May we please have your UserAgent String from ‘about:version’?

Hi dragon2611

Have you tried right-clicking on the blocked frame? (see screenshot).

:slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Whilst that appears to work it’s not really convenient.

Is it possible to add an option to “allow insecure content”? Obviously with appropriate warnings and defaulted to off :wink:

Comodo Dragon 4.0.1.6
WebKit 532.5
V8 1.3.18.19
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Comodo_Dragon/4.0.1.6 Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5

True. A link or button to continue would be more convenient (save an extra click).

:slight_smile:

I’d vote for that, and moreover would like to request that it be done asap. I am all for security, but I cannot open my own documents in my Zoho account! I think that’s going too far.
If there is a way to disable it selectively I’d appreciate knowing how. Otherwise, PLEASE! make it a priority for the next upgrade. Thank you!

What FQDN is causing the problem? (ex: mail.zoho.com). I do see that Zoho has an OV wildcard certificate, which should not be subject to Dragon’s Domain Validated issue. However, as per the RFCs, all scripts images and objects on an HTTPS page need to be referenced with an appropriate digital certificate. I suspect it is something on the ZoHo end that is causing your issue (I can’t confirm since I don’t have an account with ZoHo). If even one image is out of place, then the HTTPS connection is not truly made. Your documents should be secure, not free and clear over the Internet.

Is an HTTPS connection made when using Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc; when using ZoHo Docs?

I am sorry, I don’t know what the acronyms stand for. Anyway, the documents I cannot open in Dragon are spreadsheets. The URL is https://personal.zoho.com/biz/index.do.
This only happens in Dragon, not in IE, Firefox and Chrome. Hope there is a solution. Thanks.