I can not get Outlook to retrieve messages. I’ve tried everything suggested I could locate including checkint ports, allowing various items, etc. “Network Defense” shows 0 inbound connections. I get the constant message:
Task ‘mail.xxxxxxi.com - Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC0F) : ‘The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
This is Outlook 2003, sp2 on WinXp. I can think of nothing else to try. Help appreciated.
Oh come on. Yes, it worked before and it worked after I uninstalled CF3 as I could not sit around hoping for an answer. Will reinstall if someone has one. In addition to what I reported it completely blocked Outlook even with Outlook identified as a safe program and then with the firewall completely disabled. Nothing made a difference in all the settings until I got rid of it. At the same time Firefox and Dimension 4, a time checker had no troubles at all. I saw the same firewall oddness with Zone Alarm years ago on another system; even when it was not loaded it blocked certain programs with no indication it was doing so. Whatever this problem is it is from CF3.
Anytime there is a Windows error code, like 0x800CCC0F, it’s always a good strong hint to go to the microsoft.com web site, and search the error code.
In this instance, the search returns http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514 on possible fixes, and this pointer to a Microsoft newsgroup posting about the same problem. In that forum discussion, the mail server evidently changed its connection crypto methods, and didn’t tell everybody about the change, leading to obscure connection problems like 0x800CCC0F