ORACLE does not work with CAV

I have the latest version of CAV.
Right after install (and required restart) all my oracle applications stops working.
The message is “TNS packet writer failure”
All oracle applications and modules are set as safe in HIPS safelist.
HELP? (:AGY)

If you have added all Oracle mods and apps as SAFE, I can’t think of any reason at all that any TNS type transactions should be blocked.

Are they still blocked if you disable the On-Access scanner (right click on system tray icon)?

Are they still blocked if the tnsnames file is read/written from/to a different volume by using the following

set TNS_ADMIN=G:\admin\Oracle

as an environment variable on the workstation?

Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S> Just remembered, I’m running CAVS Beta 2 on a couple of Oracle client PCs at work without issue. Curiouser and curiouser.

“TNS packet writer failure” still bugging me even with on acces scanner disabled. I have ended all CAV proceses from task manager. The TNS lisner works the next moment I uninstaled CAV.
Like a curiosity the same thing happens (TNS not working) if I install comodo antispam without CAV.
Any of this CAS or CAV mess with my TNS listner. I’m using ORACLE 6.i.
This is out of my league ! (:NRD)

I’m running Oracle 9i, so that’s at least one difference. Nothing pertinent in the Oracle logs?

If not, I’d go to http://support.comodo.com, register and lodge a support ticket on this.

Let us know how you get on.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Forgot to mention that problem happens on a client station.

SOLVED THE PROBLEM!
In C:\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus\WinSock2_backup.reg
I have imported the reg file and now it’s working (:CLP)
However I’ll be gratefull if anyone can tell me what the problem was.