1. What actually happened or you saw:
I can use old configuration that I keep between each CIS update with probably bad deprecated defaults (trusted vendor lists, default protected objects, etc…)
2. What you wanted to happen or see:
- A way to update the old default settings with the new settings and removing deprecated default settings at the same time. (with a built-in way to fix conflicts)
- A way to export my settings (without the default items provided by Comodo at the time it was installed) and a way to merge my settings with a stock fresh CIS configuration.
- A way to export and import my settings in a properly human readable format on which I could use diff and merge tools such as GIT… (this is probably the easiest and best solution for the developers and the users)
3. Why you think it is desirable:
- Many people are probably using outdated settings which may be causing unexpected behavior, bugs and bad security.
- Configuration can be complex and you can’t expect people to spend hours of their precious time doing by hand what a software could do in a few milliseconds…
4. Any other information:
A simple command line tool to do this could be enough, as long as it’s possible it would be better than nothing.