Option to merge/update new defaults into existing user configuration

1. What actually happened or you saw:
I can use old configuration that I keep between each CIS update with probably bad deprecated defaults (trusted vendor lists, default protected objects, etc…)

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
Either:

• A way to update the old default settings with the new settings and removing deprecated default settings at the same time. (with a built-in way to fix conflicts)
  • A way to export my settings (without the default items provided by Comodo at the time it was installed) and a way to merge my settings with a stock fresh CIS configuration.
  • A way to export and import my settings in a properly human readable format on which I could use diff and merge tools such as GIT… (this is probably the easiest and best solution for the developers and the users)

3. Why you think it is desirable:

• Many people are probably using outdated settings which may be causing unexpected behavior, bugs and bad security.
  • Configuration can be complex and you can’t expect people to spend hours of their precious time doing by hand what a software could do in a few milliseconds…

4. Any other information:
A simple command line tool to do this could be enough, as long as it’s possible it would be better than nothing.

AFAIK, CIS will set the default setting if a configuration does not specify the setting, and if a configuration references a setting that isn’t available it will ignore what it is set in the config.

A way to export and import my settings in a properly human readable format on which I could use diff and merge tools such as GIT... (this is probably the easiest and best solution for the developers and the users)
I think they are currently working on this as it is partially implemented, but I don't know when it will become fully implemented. I accidentally came across it by trying to export the file list. When you open the produced .xml file after using export on the file list, you will see this new configuration format.