Option to enable/disable safe signature via AV database

Attacking me only draws out this thread needlessly. However, if you are going to do so, don’t be surprised if I reply in order to defend myself.

You are incorrect there.

In fact I read all of what you posted in this thread and furthermore have not been proven incorrect in anything I have stated as fact.

As you had not answered the question of how you knew (as I was waiting for you to provide evidence of specifically none-windows/cis files being used, such as a creditable reference, which you did not - you only stated that there was a whitelist), I had to assume that there may have been the possibility of you making a mistake in testing also.

Regarding Umesh’s post, yup this looks to me like this is possibly the cause.

As such, I would suggest that what may be a better idea built ontop of what is already suggested. This is twofold:

a) CIS should use the Whitelist to instead import files into the ‘File List’

Instead of the leaving the whitelisted files hidden outside of the GUI, this will allow users to see what these files are, and allow the user to set there own trust level accordingly, allowing for a more informed decision.

b) An option to now prevent importing of the AV Whitelist

It was already confirmed by Metheni, Futuretech and other staff members that this does not apply to only Windows OS files. You are trying to purposely evade or ignore this in order for making your arguments valid.

I have not failed to prove anything as I had supplied you with replies from Metheni and Futuretech confirming that this Whitelist does not apply to only Windows OS files. I even provided you a example with Baidu PC Faster and HitmanPro, which you tested in the way that is convenient to you, e.g you have not removed the certs without making them Untrusted. Because you are trying to make your flawed logic valid at all costs hence why you removed them while making them Untrusted.

I also would like to clarify that I removed Baidu PC Faster and HitmanPro executables from File List before executing them for the second time, always with Cloud Lookup disabled, so now when you agreed with Umesh’s statement then you basically also agreed that you had been always wrong since the beggining. I therefore declare that you lost this argument and nothing you say will change that.

You even admit yourself you trying to induce others to not vote on this Wish in order for using the moot and useless feature which you suggested for Comodo. You should be banned from this Forum IMO because you are clearly biased and lacks honesty.

None of what you suggested is necessary, again you trying to act as if you are King of Comodo Forums, the King of Comodo software and that all others, even Staff Members are wrong and should bow to your flawed logic.

I am not going to answer you anymore as Futuretech already supplied enough proof for backing up everything I said and the creation of this Wish.

To moderators, Staff members and anyone, feel free to ban me from this Forum if needed as I don’t want to come here anymore if you don’t keep persons such as ReeceN in check with his bad and biased behavior.

This thread has gone far enough, degenerating from a normal, very interesting in depth discussion to needless insults between two very well respected members. Enough is enough and I don’t expect any more posts in this tone

Has been already confirmed if this AV safe signature also applying to Comodo Firewall only installations is a BUG or not? Because if this safe AV signature check doesn’t happen to pure Comodo Firewall installations, this could lead to the different result reported by the guy in this thread.

I can guarantee I removed the executable files of Baidu PC Faster and HitmanPro from FileList before runing them for the second try, I even mentioned that during HitmanPro example on the first page despite being ignored. Also all instances from both Vendors were removed and like I said Cloud Lookup is always disabled. I am running CIS and not Comodo Firewall, this also could lead to this different result. People should keep in mind that they are not the only ones knowing how to properly use and test Comodo software and stop acting as if they are dealing with Noobs.

A bit unrelated to this subject but not entirely, besides what Futuretech already brought as proof, there is also a Hash Whitelist for Certificates installed locally on the machine.

C:\Program Data\Cis\Signatures\whitelist.json file.

Opening it with Notepad will reveal its contents:

{
“certs”: [
{
“name”: “Microsoft Development Root Certificate Authority 2014”,
“hash”: “f8db7e1c16f1ffd4aaad4aad8dff0f2445184aeb”
},
{
“name”: “Adguard Personal CA”,
“hash”: “7af6d4d8e186b24d3ff876b98624a98d5765c640”
},
{